M

meshll

Apr 25, 2021
louisiana
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R

3. Talon X4
My main 30 amp fuse will blow as soon as the key is the turned on. I have check several components, i can unplug the ECU, replace the fuse, plug the ECU back in and the will start and run fine. It will not shift into any gear? When you turn the unit off and try to restart the fuse will blow again.
I have a new battery installed and a new ECU on order. Has anyone had this similar issue, i was thinking ground but haven't found a issue.

• Sad
Reactions: Smitty335
M

meshll

Apr 25, 2021
louisiana
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R

3. Talon X4
Does the P500 have a large 5 pin connector on the ECM?
I called it a ECM but i think the official name is PGM

Reactions: Smitty335
H

HondaTech

The connector on the left, with the bigher flat pins is only wired to the shift motor.

Are you sure your blowing the main fuse and not the shift motor fuse?
If you unplug just that large pin connector, will the fuse blow? You may have a shorted shift motor.
If so, it couldve taken out the PCM, in which case the new PCM will suffer the same fate.

M

meshll

Apr 25, 2021
louisiana
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R

3. Talon X4
I will be home in a couple days, I will test your theory before installing the new PCM.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Did you find your problem
Hey @Rtr, the guy that originally posted this problem has not been back on the forum since then. It's doubtful you will get a reply. If you have a similar problem, you might start a new thread. An introduction would be good too, since you just signed up. :)

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!