BOX1

P500 Did i blow a fuse????

Olaf

Olaf

Aug 18, 2019
Mn
Ownership

1. 500
Left the p500 out overnight when it finally warmed up to -7 this afternoon the battery died out before it started. The battery tender was taking too long so I ran some more juice to it with a charger and now I have no connection through the charging port. Is this fused? I brought the battery in the house and charged it.

Reactions: Smitty335
PJ1

PJ1

FIREBALL P-500
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2020
Massachusetts
Ownership

1. 500
I don't believe the 500 comes with a charging port. So whether it's fused or not depends on who installed it.
A cold snap like that will take out a weak battery. Trace that lead and look for what is probably an in line fuse if it has one.

Reactions: Olaf and Smitty335
Olaf

Olaf

Aug 18, 2019
Mn
Ownership

1. 500
I don't believe the 500 comes with a charging port. So whether it's fused or not depends on who installed it.
A cold snap like that will take out a weak battery. Trace that lead and look for what is probably an in line fuse if it has one.
Not sure what to call it, that SAE connector that your trickle charger plugs into.

Olaf

Olaf

Aug 18, 2019
Mn
Ownership

1. 500
Yep it's aftermarket accessory so not sure if it's fused.
Load test that battery.
Didn't know they were aftermarket, would have been installed at the dealer then. My fingers warmed up and I found the fuse its inline and kinda tucked away looked ok but ohmed out as open 15 amp, fixed, thanks, I was nervous about trying to get some feed out for the deer. They'll have to wait till tomorrow. Battery is two months old btw and acts as though it's still good.

Reactions: PJ1
H

HondaTech

If it is in fact a battery tender lead, there is a 7.5 amp ATC fuse on the positive side.

Reactions: Olaf
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!