Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
So, what shpuld I know before hand, things kit doesn't come with, etc
The 500 is probably not much different than my 700. It's a fairly easy install just take your time and follow the instructions, that being said on mine it said to remove the driver fender but it wasn't necessary. check the search bar up top there are probably several guides there and also You Tube has videos on it. good luck and it will be one of the best mods. P500 - Power steering install

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
If I had to do it over again, I'd run a self-tapper or two through the plate (See: red dots) and into the brace it clamps to before attempting to clamp it down. You'll find this plate has to be just about as far over as possible to keep the shaft knuckles from hitting the brake reservoir whilst turning.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
If I had to do it over again, I'd run a self-tapper or two through the plate (See: red dots) and into the brace it clamps to before attempting to clamp it down. You'll find this plate has to be just about as far over as possible to keep the shaft knuckles from hitting the brake reservoir whilst turning.

yep yep

Jason W

Jason W

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2024
Western NC mtns
Ownership

1. 500
Should probably pre drill and use nutters ahead of time maybe. Does the plate shift or flex without it??

Reactions: NTCPrezJB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!