P700 Maine Pics

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
Maine is definitely getting more ATV friendly as the years progress. I remember when I got a Honda fortrax foreman 350cc in 1991! The state wanted to outright ban them, and they did, on snowmobile trails. Times change.
Good news is less and less snow is making the extensive system of snowmobile trails accessible to ATVs.
The bad news is registration of ATVs. Does the state still want a years worth of registration fee just for a weekend? That alone tells me I'm not welcome.

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
If I head up there twice a year it's worth it. Regy's are up to 100 for Maine and NH for 1 year, actually NH temps are still 40 aren't they? I'll probably get the year for Maine as I'm already headed their twice already with planned trips.

No Def plans for NH yet.

I heard WV registers the rider not the machine? I have multiple machines I ride so that would be be nice if it where that way up north.

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
So I guess I'm saying it's worth it for me, in Ct there is no legal riding.

Does NC have riding and if so how much is a reg?

No registration required in NC.
You would be amazed at the difference in overall mindset here in the southeast.
No hunting license required on your own land...for instance.

I grew up in Maine, left in 1992, so I have a decent feel for the differences.
I really dislike the "Kings land" mentality that is so prevalent in Maine.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuadMan747
Diverguy

Diverguy

Oct 8, 2018
PA, USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
We went up to Eustis a few years in a row when we had our Rhino. Haven't been there in a few years; I guess it's soon time to go back! The trails were awesome, and we had a great time looking for moose! It's about a 10 hour drive for us to get there, but worth it!

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Another shameless plug for Maine trails, we stayed in Byron last year, about 45 min south of Rangely, and had an awesome time. Excellent trails that were marked well, enough stops on the way to keep the family fed and busy. Also had some fun heading out from The Forks region

I cringe a little at the $100 registration each year for Maine and New Hampshire, but at least you have some good options for trails.

In Mass they want me to pay 6.5% sales tax (regardless of where purchased) and $44, on a machine that is prohibited from all state run trails because of weight. I register our bikes here but for the Pioneer, no thanks!

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Another shameless plug for Maine trails, we stayed in Byron last year, about 45 min south of Rangely, and had an awesome time. Excellent trails that were marked well, enough stops on the way to keep the family fed and busy. Also had some fun heading out from The Forks region

I cringe a little at the $100 registration each year for Maine and New Hampshire, but at least you have some good options for trails.

In Mass they want me to pay 6.5% sales tax (regardless of where purchased) and $44, on a machine that is prohibited from all state run trails because of weight. I register our bikes here but for the Pioneer, no thanks!
Same as Ct, and I feel the same way

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand

Have you been to Greenville and seen the B52 bomber that crashed o Elephant Mountain?

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Have you been to Greenville and seen the B52 bomber that crashed o Elephant Mountain?

We were headed in that direction from The Forks, but had a late start and had to turn back after reaching moosehead lake. It is on the list for this year for sure! That and the mountain top near Jackman? cant remember the name of it....too much to see not enough time.

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
We were headed in that direction from The Forks, but had a late start and had to turn back after reaching moosehead lake. It is on the list for this year for sure! That and the mountain top near Jackman? cant remember the name of it....too much to see not enough time.
Kineo?

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Coburn mountain is the one I was thinking of. Supposed to be a nice 360° view.

N

Nivek

Dec 30, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
I live in southern Maine. Been all over the state hunting moose and bear. Deer too in my back yard. Lots of great riding for sure. Big trails/ roads out of Newport. Not far off I 95. Check it out.

Reactions: Gorms and Coeus

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!