P700 Manual shifting

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey, has anyone figured out how to make their Pioneer 700 into a manual shifted unit yet? I was thinking the other day, and may have an idea how to trick it, what if we intercepted the speedo signal, applied some signal processing to it, and returned that to the ECU to trick it into thinking it was running a different speed, and to shift accordingly. Could pass the un-processed signal to the speedo so you still have accurate readings, and put some logic in to prevent short shifting too low, or down shifting too fast. Just a thought, ideas, comments?

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
I proposed that question awhile back and got no response. That being said I would love it if someone would figure out how to manually shift it. Why not look at the p500 or p1000 wiring diagrams and modify the 700's to match. I know it's possible I'm just not smart enough to do it. So I say let's make it a challenge for someone to do it. If they make a kit I'd buy one.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I proposed that question awhile back and got no response. That being said I would love it if someone would figure out how to manually shift it. Why not look at the p500 or p1000 wiring diagrams and modify the 700's to match. I know it's possible I'm just not smart enough to do it. So I say let's make it a challenge for someone to do it. If they make a kit I'd buy one.
Agreed. Way out of my league but I'd love to see it happen. Put me down for one of those kits too!

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Just guessing here but I dont think manipulating only the speed will work. I suspect shifting is dependent on several other things like rpm, torque, throttle position, temp, etc...

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
It will definitely require some further data logging and testing, but from what i've seen so far with mine, downshifts are hard tied to speed, and upshifts you're correct are also calculated based on throttle position, but no matter the throttle position at a certain speed it upshifts, so knowing this could use the high side of it to trigger a shift potentially, or maybe make the trigger speed adjustable based on throttle position. I'm just waiting for some new arduino micros i ordered, and will start doing some testing and see what I can see.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Long ago, We discussed hacking the solenoids to see if it would throw error codes. Once you hack them then control is yours.
No one ever got around to testing it!

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
I remember reading about that, and putting some thought into it, I thought the general consensus was that messing with the solenoids would put the engine/transmission into limp mode. Maybe ill take a look at it a bit further before i try the speed sensor hack.

Reactions: swsebek
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That was never confirmed. That I know of.

Playing around with all this could throw error codes until a solution is found to bypass.

advertisement
BobsPioneer

BobsPioneer

Sep 28, 2015
I have spoke to Lyle at velocity devices inc (VDI) and he says he will only consider the pioneer if there was enough interest he would build a new computer all together and I can tell you as a tester on the Kawi brute forces it was flat amazing the difference it made. If we could get him to work with these I think it would be a huge difference. Please give him a call we need the feedback to make it happen.

Phone: (403) 668-7470
Fax: (403) 668-7471
Email: [email protected]
Sales: [email protected]
Tech: [email protected]

Reactions: bobbyhill
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
So what hes sayin is its easier to build another computer than it is to mess with Hondas.

BobsPioneer

BobsPioneer

Sep 28, 2015
Yeah I think so. I think the copperhead was like 499 if I remember right but would make this good machine great I think

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
I'd be in if there was that big a difference. Put me down for two.

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Interesting.....his success with other brands looks good.

I'd be interested in one.

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Those look sweet! I just played around with their tuning software a bit, lots of stuff to break in there lol.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds good to me, I'd give it a go as well.

S

smokinit

Jul 2, 2014
If it turned the 700 into a manual shift I would take one as well. For the right cost.

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this isn't likely going to happen.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!