Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
What is your primary use/terrain? What do you expect out of your tires as far as traction, comfort, price etc. I can tell you what is good about my tires but what's good to me may not be something you even care about!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would look into the growler 2.5 by pitbull. Or black diamond xtrs. Both offer nice ride and great traction. I just sold a set of 27 zillas I ran on my 700. They are pretty good in the snow, probably real good in the mud. But were to rough at slower speeds for me.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hunting purposes, farm fields and snow
I like my executioners. I have not ridden in the snow with them so I can't speak to that but they are awesome in the mud! Really, they get pretty good traction on everything I've driven them on. You can literally watch them bite into the ground on low speed stuff. I think I've put roughly the same amount of miles on them as my stockers and they still have plenty of tread whereas the stock tires were essentially bald when I replaced them. They are good for farm use, shoot they're basically a small tractor tire and are reasonably priced. Dont remember exactly what I paid but I think 100 or less per tire?

Really the only downsides are they ride a bit rough on hardpack or pavement at low speed and they destroy grass if you turn sharp.

Oh yeah, and they look cool!!

G

greenheadsled

Feb 25, 2016
Elkton MI
I like my executioners. I have not ridden in the snow with them so I can't speak to that but they are awesome in the mud! Really, they get pretty good traction on everything I've driven them on. You can literally watch them bite into the ground on low speed stuff. I think I've put roughly the same amount of miles on them as my stockers and they still have plenty of tread whereas the stock tires were essentially bald when I replaced them. They are good for farm use, shoot they're basically a small tractor tire and are reasonably priced. Dont remember exactly what I paid but I think 100 or less per tire?

Really the only downsides are they ride a bit rough on hardpack or pavement at low speed and they destroy grass if you turn sharp.

View attachment 10889

Oh yeah, and they look cool!!
Do you notice the difference of them being a heavy tire?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I did 26"x10" all the way around on stock wheels. Did not feel any loss of performance.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah no problem. I think the cheapest was Motorsport.com, I can't remember now. But check there if you haven't already.

advertisement
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
They have eBay beat on 27's too

Course maybe not if they add tax...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!