Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have only heard good things about the bear claws. Nothing negative.

Reactions: Russ989
TNMike

TNMike

Jul 31, 2016
TN
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've had the Bear Claws for over a year and really like them. 8ply is very beneficial for where we ride. Went with 26" STI HD3 wheels.

IMG 0112

M

MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks guys for the input!

TNMike, i went with the same setup as you only i opted for the “machined black” HD3s. All from KJ Motorsports.com.

Reactions: TNMike and Mudwing
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you’ll be happy with the bear claws, they look good.

M

MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks, I'll post some pics after they come.

Sjc3081

Sjc3081

Jan 16, 2017
Wappinger NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have them for 1000miles 25/8-25/10/12 on my CanAm ATV. It is a good hard pack tire and very durable. They have hard rubber compound, fair in the mud does not grip wet rocks or roots well. A little fishtailing high speed concerning. They run true to size.

M

MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey fellas, I thought I would add an update/review to this. I have had the Kenda Bearclaw HTRs & STI HD3 rims now for a few weeks & thanks to the input from all of you feel i made the right choice. I am very happy with these tires as they grip, ride & look great. The rims were not the most expensive things out there, but I like the way they look, they clean out well and are of good quality.

I purchased these from KJ Motorsports.com. They have premade wheel, tire & lugnut kits, but did not offer the combination I wanted as a kit so I just ordered them separately. I was surprised when they actually called me and wanted to know if I would like them to go ahead and mount them up before sending them out. I’m sure this was to help save on shipping costs, but Steve (the guy whom i spoke with) was super nice and pleasant to talk to. I was concerned with how they package them for shipping and he assured me they come in sets of two wrapped up. I am very happy with their pricing, customer service and speed of shipping as I got them in a couple days.

I went with the 26 inch tires and was shocked at how much bigger they were then the stock ones. I feel it makes the machine look better, and fills out the rear end well. I gained about an inch and a half of ground clearance also.

I am lucky enough to live 2 miles from where I work, and can either take pavement or gravel so I do drive this to work quite often. The ride is totally different (in a good way) with these tires. They do growl little bit but that is to be expected. I’ve even had a few the guys complement the looks of the new set up, and I work with the type of guys that would tell you if it looks like sh#t or not!

Thanks for all the help & info with this decision.

705D9132 DA71 441E 9AC1 D84F27B2FA1C 28F6BFE0 06CF 4C21 9C61 C36F376CB08C 0F60322A F61E 43E2 8662 6653D854ED8E 080509E6 8014 4343 9216 17752EB08893 8EE6A628 4F63 4B13 887D 1789962B1638

Last edited:
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
they are about 10 miles from me, i know alot of people that have bought there, always happy. they are quick and pretty close prices to any of the bigger internet places. i normally buy out of state though to save tax

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Hey fellas, I thought I would add an update/review to this. I have had the Kenda Bearclaw HTRs & STI HD3 rims now for a few weeks & thanks to the input from all of you feel i made the right choice. I am very happy with these tires as they grip, ride & look great. The rims were not the most expensive things out there, but I like the way they look, they clean out well and are of good quality.

I purchased these from KJ Motorsports.com. They have premade wheel, tire & lugnut kits, but did not offer the combination I wanted as a kit so I just ordered them separately. I was surprised when they actually called me and wanted to know if I would like them to go ahead and mount them up before sending them out. I’m sure this was to help save on shipping costs, but Steve (the guy whom i spoke with) was super nice and pleasant to talk to. I was concerned with how they package them for shipping and he assured me they come in sets of two wrapped up. I am very happy with their pricing, customer service and speed of shipping as I got them in a couple days.

I went with the 26 inch tires and was shocked at how much bigger they were then the stock ones. I feel it makes the machine look better, and fills out the rear end well. I gained about an inch and a half of ground clearance also.

I am lucky enough to live 2 miles from where I work, and can either take pavement or gravel so I do drive this to work quite often. The ride is totally different (in a good way) with these tires. They do growl little bit but that is to be expected. I’ve even had a few the guys complement the looks of the new set up, and I work with the type of guys that would tell you if it looks like sh#t or not!

Thanks for all the help & info with this decision.

View attachment 113492 View attachment 113493 View attachment 113494 View attachment 113495 View attachment 113496
Looks good ! I think you’ll be very happy with the purchase!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!