highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Some product notes I wanted to share from our March 2023 ride trip to Wolfpen Gap and Fourche Mountain. We rode Thursday afternoon, most of a raining Friday and all day Saturday with a total of 210 miles for the trip.

1. Talon intake kit: Finally got to rain test the Filterwears filter cover. My Talon stayed uncovered during the whole trip. Friday morning about 2 am the rain started and didn't completely stop until Friday around 4 pm. I checked the air box drain before riding and there wasn't a drop of water in the air box. That was great! We rode 54 miles over about 5 hours Friday during normal rain with several times of torrential rain. It was really coming down several times while on the trail! Once back to the camp I found about a 1/2 teaspoon of water in the air box drain. That was phenomenal considering what we'd just ridden through! Now I feel completely confident in the Filterwears cover to repel water.
  2. The prototype floor drain covers performed perfectly keeping the tire splashes from coming into the cab. Now, the cab was quite dirty from water hole spashing and then driving through the splash but nothing came up from the drain holes. With many creek crossings over the weekend, the floor drain covers also allowed any water to slowly escape. Most of that water came into the cab from the opening in the front firewall. I may soon look into sealing those opening better.
  3. The DT-S1 shifter plate: The shifter plate worked so well in tight spaces that required quick multi-point turns. I would never want to go back to stock. My shifter plate retains the gear notches so you can't accidentally bump the shift lever out of gear. But you can still quickly and without looking shift between High and Reverse. Low worked fine all weekend also without one single angry grind. I've come to believe that Low gear engagment is very dependent on warming up the machine.
  4. The packout rack mounting plate: The mount worked as expected with three 10" wide boxes mounted across the plate. One ice chest, one tool box and one short back with first aid supplies in the middle position. No tabs broke or boxes fell off!
  5. Seat Risers: In my opinion these are a must on technical trails to give you better view over the hood, especially when cresting a ridge.
I'll add more product results as I have time. Thanks to all my customers! I want to make the best products I can.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
@highpocket74 are the floor drain plugs on the website yet?
Not yet. I've got my design/3d print/riding partner on this project. We've been fine tuning the fit and material thickness for durability. This will be available soon after the testing from this weekend. The set I have in my red talon is red only because that's what was in the printer at the time. I kinda like it though because the covers look like accents on the floor! So we may offer a few colors but that has not been finalized yet.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!