3. Talon X LV
Reactions: BWAF
djracer

djracer

Jun 2, 2017
Wetumpka, Al.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
  • This is what I carry. It has Sae and no wrenches but pretty nice little set. I was really impressed with the quality of these tools. Knock on wood I have only used it once but I feel like I need to have something! I always have a leatherman wave or charge as well.

20180907 184057 20180907 184115

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Seriously though... you can barely see it in this photo, but I always carry a tool box. I have a full set of metric sockets, end wrenches, screw drivers, pliers, dykes, electrical connectors, hammer, plus my air compressor, a snatchblock, a tree strap, and a 10' strap.

IMG 3579

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I went the ammo can route too. @CumminsPusher, I know you had the sub under the seat. Is that still there? I fit all I need in those two ammo cans and I’ve been doing that for years with no water or rust issue.

This picture is dated Dec 2015 and that’s still where my tools are. The weight is nice and low. I use two bungees and some times a piece of foam to keep the boxes off the electronics.

4793fdfdbd437359ae7184e1a0c3b8ac

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Before I added my rear storage box, I had a cloth craftsman tool bag that I carried under the hood with small tool set. It was ok until it got wet and the tools rusted, lol. Crazy thing is I’ve never had to use it on the BEAST, lol. Just other people’s machines.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I went the ammo can route too. @CumminsPusher, I know you had the sub under the seat. Is that still there? I fit all I need in those two ammo cans and I’ve been doing that for years with no water or rust issue.

This picture is dated Dec 2015 and that’s still where my tools are. The weight is nice and low. I use two bungees and some times a piece of foam to keep the boxes off the electronics.

View attachment 86269
Yes we still have the under seat sub and that’s not coming out anytime soon lol. Air compressor and power washer along with first aid is mounted in the tailgate so that takes care of that stuff.
We have the harbor f med sized gun storage for all the recovery items. Slides in behind the seats. Our seats are usually filled. Eventually will do side door storage like yours on one side and saw mount on other but I do want these water proof for other items and probably just a couple loose tools hammer some assorted part and ect. That’s why I was looking for a decent metric only set that could fit in the space behind rear seat. Even if we had cooler strapped to the back it could still go behind that. Just trying to get as many ideas from you all to see. Ammo can really doesn’t work well in that space. My set fits but it’s huge and has been known to shuffle the sockets inside for a very unwelcome surprise.
Slowly trying to get this 1000 set up.

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF