Spring compression tool?

J

JRH

Feb 21, 2021
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
Anyone recommend a decent and safe spring compression tool(s) for compressing coil springs to add spacers? Tried ones for cars n trucks but too big and press into shocks prohibiting full compression for spacer install.

Reactions: WagginTail
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Use some ratchet straps. I tried a tool but the straps worked a lot better

20211224 093701

J

JRH

Feb 21, 2021
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
Are you able to compress enough to install spacers? Makes me a little nervous. Fox shocks look great!

Reactions: Buggyman
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you able to compress enough to install spacers? Makes me a little nervous. Fox shocks look great!
Yes. I installed spring spacers on my 700-4 using this method. Take your time. Just do 2 or 3 clicks on one strap then do the other strap. Notice the bolt going through the hooks and eye of the shock. Also helps to have someone help hold the shock. I learned this method from some of the awesome members on here that figured out how to do it a long time ago.

Also those spacers are gonna stiffen up the shocks a lot but they won't bottom out anymore on the front when you hit a big bump.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the comment on the fox shocks BTW. I went through the whole spring spacer/ bracket lift experiment when I had my 700-4. Got my 1000-5 in August and decided I was gonna spend the money and have a great riding machine

J

JRH

Feb 21, 2021
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks. Wish I had an unlimited budget then I would upgrade shocks. Too many other things spending money on (dual battery and associated equipment, wheels n tires, skid plates etc..... the list goes on) already spent a lot on boss plow package, roof, bumper, winch, tailgate steel, seat covers, a arm guards, windshield.....

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!