P1000 Mirrors and doors

H

HappyCamper

Feb 15, 2020
Wyo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone found any side mirrors that work well with the soft upper doors for a 1000/5 ?

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Yes. I'm using Honda accessory mirrors.

IMG 1988 IMG 1987 IMG 1980 IMG 1982

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
A metal bracket attached to the upper door frame.

I posted photos of the bracket on another thread of a similar name a week or ten days ago.

Reactions: Lady01
H

HappyCamper

Feb 15, 2020
Wyo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, if they're attached to the upper frame, they must come off when you remove the uppers, right?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
That would be correct but I never remove the upper doors. Summers are mild in WV so all I need is to open the upper half of the windshield for air flow.

I was in a hurry earlier this morning because I had a dental hygiene appt. Here's a link back to an earlier thread on same subject where I posted a photo and explanation of the bracket I use.

I spent $200 - $250 buying several different pairs of mirrors online before I obtained and installed the bracket and Honda mirrors. None of the mirrors I purchased were satisfactory WITH my fabric upper doors. The right outside mirror was a challenge to see from the driver's seat with the Honda fabric upper doors.

The Honda mirrors are the only mirrors I've tried that are functional and completely satisfactory.

H

HappyCamper

Feb 15, 2020
Wyo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For me they would be completely unsatisfactory. I need mirrors that will remain in place when uppers are removed. The uppers to me are just a necessary evil for winter time. I love the openness for spring through fall. Anyone else have a solution?

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
No problem then. You can select from a dozen or more mirrors that attach to the A pillar. You'll be able to use them in summer with the upper doors removed but the right side outside mirror will be a useless appendage hanging there where you can't see it when the uppers are installed.

H

HappyCamper

Feb 15, 2020
Wyo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've bought two sets of mirrors so far that will not work with the uppers installed. There is no place to attach them on the A-piller because of the upper door hardware being in the way. I've thought of putting them higher on the A-piller but they'd block too much of my view and be unsafe in that location. I really don't care to even have a right side mirror, but I need one on the left. So far the inside center mount rear view has been adequate for most things but I'd sure like a left side mirror for a number of reasons. Frankly I'm a bit surprised that there aren't more comments on this thread. Maybe not many folks on here use these upper doors or just do without mirrors if they do.

advertisement
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've bought two sets of mirrors so far that will not work with the uppers installed. There is no place to attach them on the A-piller because of the upper door hardware being in the way. I've thought of putting them higher on the A-piller but they'd block too much of my view and be unsafe in that location. I really don't care to even have a right side mirror, but I need one on the left. So far the inside center mount rear view has been adequate for most things but I'd sure like a left side mirror for a number of reasons. Frankly I'm a bit surprised that there aren't more comments on this thread. Maybe not many folks on here use these upper doors or just do without mirrors if they do.

See if this might help u.

Reactions: Ohio4x4 and Lady01
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For me they would be completely unsatisfactory. I need mirrors that will remain in place when uppers are removed. The uppers to me are just a necessary evil for winter time. I love the openness for spring through fall. Anyone else have a solution?
If you take a look at what @HBarlow has posted from the other thread it shows a picture of the mount and you might be able to come up with something that will work. The honda mirrors will attach to his pictured bracket in the winter, and when the summer arrives you can just unbolt them and reinstall them on the honda mounts. 4 bolts and your a swapped back for the summer.

Reactions: Lady01 and HBarlow
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
See my post and photo in this thread:

PM me if you have questions after seeing my post.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!