P1000m5 Honda hard door mirror options?

P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed the Honda hard front doors last night and they are awesome! But now I can't use my Seizmik Pursuit Night Vision mirrors. Has anyone built a bracket to attach these seizmik mirrors to their Honda hard doors OR any other brand of mirror to these hard doors?

DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use the Honda mirrors. I swap them from summer to winter.

20210907 081406 20201028 130221

Reactions: PineTree and Lady01
S

Surveyor

Lifetime Member
May 13, 2019
Auburn, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Honda mirrors and think they are terrible. They have a very small field of view and never seem to be where you need them.
My son "remodeled" the passenger side one on a tree. I don't miss it one bit.
Hopefully someone chimes in with a good solution.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

D

darwal61

Feb 24, 2020
Flint Hill, Va
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I reached out to Seizmik and told them I was going to buy Honda oem doors but I wanted to keep my Seizmik Pursuits.
They replied back with two links and stated all I needed was a longer or shorter bolt. Basically you remove the bar clamp, and replace it with a bolt. The videos are not honda specific, you may need to drill a hole in the door. M10 bolt with 1.5 pitch

Hope this helps.

Post a pic with your mirrors installed, I would like to see the final version.

P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A buddy of mine has a 3D printer. He printed a couple mounts that we are going to try. My thoughts were that a 3D printed plastic mount would look nicer than a welded up metal bracket, but we’ll see. I’ll post pictures on here when I get them installed.

MikeyXX

MikeyXX

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2019
Oro-Medonte, Ontario, Can
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pinetree says
A buddy of mine has a 3D printer. He printed a couple mounts that we are going to try. My thoughts were that a 3D printed plastic mount would look nicer than a welded up metal bracket, but we’ll see. I’ll post pictures on here when I get them installed.

If it works, ask him if you can post the .stl or step file so I (and others) can give it a shot for our use. Please!

Reactions: Lady01
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I use Honda mirrors and like them. They provide the view and filed of vision I want. The mirrors remain in place once adjusted.

IMG 1988 IMG 1987

Reactions: tjoreo and Lady01
JCBuckster

JCBuckster

Dec 7, 2020
Hurricane Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Harvy;
I just installed the Honda soft upper doors on my Pioneer 1000-3. I had to take the Honda OEM mirrors off as they will not work now. What did you make up so the mirrors bolt up to the fabric like that? Thats a nice installation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
A very talented machinist friend made a pair of brackets that are designed to attach to the lower front corners of the frame inside each of the Honda fabric upper doors. His brackets allow mounting of the Honda mirrors.

He is not interested in making more brackets so I can't share his name and contact information. I encouraged him to patent his products and sell them commercially but he has a career, wife with a career, young children, and varied interests and is not interested. I'll share a photo hoping he doesn't mind me giving away his intellectual property.

The photo shows the tube frame inside the left Honda upper door with the fabric unzipped and partially removed from the frame. The mirror bracket is attached in the lower front corner of the frame. The photo depicts his original prototype before he predrilled the holes that attach the mirror screws.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!