P1000 Mirrors

JCBuckster

JCBuckster

Dec 7, 2020
Hurricane Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I installed the Honda soft upper doors to enclose my cab. I am happy with the results. The Honda heat issue does a nice job of warming up the cab. I drive around in a short sleeve shirt!
But what I want to comment on is the Honda mirrors won’t work with the Honda soft uppers! I found Moto Armor Billet Mirror, PN - B0106-07601BK fit like a glove. Look how they fit in the notch of the Honda split windshield. The mounts that fit around the roll bar are thin, not bulky like the Honda camlocks, so they clear the upper door installation. They are not as big as the Honda mirrors but I’m glad to have them. Very useful for backing up or turning around on a tight trails.

21E439E9 1C6D 4A11 B46A 3213C2ECFDA9 87F2EC22 890A 42CD 86A8 70C919569F58 349E518D 3BBB 403C A97A 0E90DFE69EC2

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I installed the Honda soft upper doors to enclose my cab. I am happy with the results. The Honda heat issue does a nice job of warming up the cab. I drive around in a short sleeve shirt!
But what I want to comment on is the Honda mirrors won’t work with the Honda soft uppers! I found Moto Armor Billet Mirror, PN - B0106-07601BK fit like a glove. Look how they fit in the notch of the Honda split windshield. The mounts that fit around the roll bar are thin, not bulky like the Honda camlocks, so they clear the upper door installation. They are not as big as the Honda mirrors but I’m glad to have them. Very useful for backing up or turning around on a tight trails.

View attachment 313851 View attachment 313852 View attachment 313853
What is the visibility like in the passenger side mirror ? My passenger mirror is pretty well useless with my soft upper doors.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
What is the visibility like in the passenger side mirror ? My passenger mirror is pretty well useless with my soft upper doors.
Yep, that's the issue we've all struggled with. I never found a set of aftermarket mirrors that work because the passenger side mirror was always invisible from the driver's seat.

I got lucky and found someone who would fabricate mirror brackets that fit inside the fabric door uppers and allow mounting of Honda mirrors.

Honda mirrors are 100% functional and satisfactory.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yep, that's the issue we've all struggled with. I never found a set of aftermarket mirrors that work because the passenger side mirror was always invisible from the driver's seat.

I got lucky and found someone who would fabricate mirror brackets that fit inside the fabric door uppers and allow mounting of Honda mirrors.

Honda mirrors are 100% functional and satisfactory.
Are Honda mirrors compatible with the soft uppers ? Have you tried them or seen them on a machine with soft uppers. The ones on the Honda site appear to be clamped onto ROPS or mounted to the hard doors. Door clearance when opening seems to be a problem when adjusted so the mirror is useable. Is there a separate part number for soft doors? Could you send a picture of the brackets you got please?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
No Honda mirrors are not compatible with soft doors - unless doors are modified. Yes, I have tried them. My Honda has Honda mirrors installed.

I'll try to locate my file photos of the brackets and post separately.

IMG 1987 IMG 1988 IMG 1989 IMG 1980 IMG 1982

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
This is the driver's door bracket. This is a view of the aluminum tube frame of the upper door with the fabric unzippedd and peeled away from the frame and down exposing the driver's fabric door frame.

Another, mirror image (no pun intended) second bracket is required for the passenger door.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is the driver's door bracket. This is a view of the aluminum tube frame of the upper door with the fabric unzippedd and peeled away from the frame and down exposing the driver's fabric door frame.

Another, mirror image (no pun intended) second bracket is required for the passenger door.

View attachment 314153
Thanks for the picture of that bracket. The seed is planted. 😀👍

Reactions: HBarlow and Lady01
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Those mirrors look great on there!
Yes, they look good but most importantly they are 100% functional. They are easily viewed from driver's seat, provide excellent view to the rear, hold their adjustment, and remain tightly secured on doors.

I take no credit. A friend designed and fabricated them.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, they look good but most importantly they are 100% functional. They are easily viewed from driver's seat, provide excellent view to the rear, hold their adjustment, and remain tightly secured on doors.

I take no credit. A friend designed and fabricated them.
That bracket looks like it probably strengthens and stabilizes that frame also. I like it.👍

JCBuckster

JCBuckster

Dec 7, 2020
Hurricane Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-3
With the Honda soft upper doors the A-pillars become huge. I took a pitcher that shows just the tip of the pass side mirror usable.
I have it adjusted to check the rear wheel for backing up on small trails, important, need to see the big hole, or see the cactus about to be run over. I do haft to lean over to the right to use it. I also need outside mirrors to be street legal. I got a big Honda inside mirror that is easy to mount, and does a excellent job of checking for traffic. I will take the uppers off when it warms up, that will improve vis.

Mirror Mirrors

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 314153
Are you mass producing those yet for purchase?

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No, I don't have the required skills. I would love to take credit for them but I didn't make the brackets. A friend made a set of brackets for his own use and when I saw them I talked him into making another pair for me.

Sorry I can't help.
@HBarlow I was just thinking about you today Harvey, and wondering how you are doing? Hoping you are doing well and still enjoying your nice looking Pioneer. Happy Holidays my friend.

Reactions: HBarlow
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No, I don't have the required skills. I would love to take credit for them but I didn't make the brackets. A friend made a set of brackets for his own use and when I saw them I talked him into making another pair for me.

Sorry I can't help.
No worries. It looks sweet.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
No worries. It looks sweet.

Feel free to make your own copies of the brackets. They work as well as we would expect any factory manufactured product to perform.

The Honda mirrors mounted on the brackets are held firmly in place, don't shake or sag, Exterior mirrors on both sides provide a full field of vision with my Honda soft upper doors in place.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Feel free to make your own copies of the brackets. They work as well as we would expect any factory manufactured product to perform.

The Honda mirrors mounted on the brackets are held firmly in place, don't shake or sag, Exterior mirrors on both sides provide a full field of vision with my Honda soft upper doors in place.
It looks like the way it should be made from factory.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I agree. They are manufacturer's quality!

Someone with the basic fabrication skills could duplicate the brackets and sell them here as fast as he could make them. Everyone with a Honda 1000 equipped with canvas upper doors could use a pair if priced right.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Would you have a picture of the other side of that bracket? Does it have the mounting pieces welded onto the other side also? How is it secured to the tubular frame?

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Would you have a picture of the other side of that bracket? Does it have the mounting pieces welded onto the other side also? How is it secured to the tubular frame?

This is everything I have. The mirror brackets are identical copies in size and shape but are mirror images of each other. I believe the maker suggested pop riveting the brackets to the tube frames of the upper doors. A visual inspection clearly shows the bracket design is simple but ingenious.

"Instructions for installation of Mirror Brackets for Mounting Honda Pioneer 1000 Accessory Mirrors on Honda Fabric Upper Doors:

1. Remove upper door assemblies from both hard lower doors.

2. Open fully the fabric zipper to gain access to tube frame of upper door.

3. Beginning at top center of upper door slowly loosen the fabric and slowly working around the tube frame carefully remove the fabric from the frame. Snug fit but it can be done.

4. See provided photos.

5. Begin installation by snugly placing U channel front corner of mirror bracket over the outside of the lower front corner of the upper door frame.

6. Tab on bottom of bottom of mirror bracket slips behind (outside of) horizontal tube frame of upper door flat against the black steel bracket on bottom of frame. Shallow notch cut into bottom of mirror bracket rests over black steel bracket of door frame.

7. Attach tab to black steel bracket with two pop rivets.

8. Install two rivets to attach U channel of mirror bracket to front angled part of upper door frame.

9. Reinstall fabric on upper door frame starting at the mirror brackets and finishing at the top rear corner. When finished, close zipper making sure it closes properly.

10. After fabric is reinstalled check door operation to make sure it closes properly

11. Using a heated awl or ice pick carefully punch two small holes t in the fabric to match the holes in the mirror bracket where the mirror attachment screws will be installed. Use of heated awl or ice pick will prevent unravelling of threads..

12. Install Honda accessory side mirrors on the brackets."

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!