20240316 173522

20240204 154404

G

Gerhard

Apr 6, 2024
Pembroke ON
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is everything I have. The mirror brackets are identical copies in size and shape but are mirror images of each other. I believe the maker suggested pop riveting the brackets to the tube frames of the upper doors. A visual inspection clearly shows the bracket design is simple but ingenious.

"Instructions for installation of Mirror Brackets for Mounting Honda Pioneer 1000 Accessory Mirrors on Honda Fabric Upper Doors:

1. Remove upper door assemblies from both hard lower doors.

2. Open fully the fabric zipper to gain access to tube frame of upper door.

3. Beginning at top center of upper door slowly loosen the fabric and slowly working around the tube frame carefully remove the fabric from the frame. Snug fit but it can be done.

4. See provided photos.

5. Begin installation by snugly placing U channel front corner of mirror bracket over the outside of the lower front corner of the upper door frame.

6. Tab on bottom of bottom of mirror bracket slips behind (outside of) horizontal tube frame of upper door flat against the black steel bracket on bottom of frame. Shallow notch cut into bottom of mirror bracket rests over black steel bracket of door frame.

7. Attach tab to black steel bracket with two pop rivets.

8. Install two rivets to attach U channel of mirror bracket to front angled part of upper door frame.

9. Reinstall fabric on upper door frame starting at the mirror brackets and finishing at the top rear corner. When finished, close zipper making sure it closes properly.

10. After fabric is reinstalled check door operation to make sure it closes properly

11. Using a heated awl or ice pick carefully punch two small holes t in the fabric to match the holes in the mirror bracket where the mirror attachment screws will be installed. Use of heated awl or ice pick will prevent unravelling of threads..

12. Install Honda accessory side mirrors on the brackets."

View attachment 365464

View attachment 365465

View attachment 365466

View attachment 365467

View attachment 365468

I am wondering on behalf of us laymen, if 1/4" Lexan can be used in place of aluminum? Use JB weld instead of welding!

• Wow
Reactions: Remington
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I am wondering on behalf of us laymen, if 1/4" Lexan can be used in place of aluminum? Use JB weld instead of welding!
I'm not an engineer so my opinion is worth what you're paying for it.

I think 1/4" Lexan would be strong enough and JB Weld, if applied properly, would probably hold it together. I'm trying to remember - not sure if thickness of the Lexan would cause any issues. Don't think so.

Worst case - if you build the brackets with Lexan and one of them fails, it's probably not a big deal. You could build another olne.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Id say if your road riding only go for it and JB the hell out of it.
If your off road Id be worried with that JB on there. I use it alot on things but nothing with much vibration. Tends to eventually crack and not hold in time.

Reactions: HBarlow and tjoreo
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
With the Honda soft upper doors the A-pillars become huge. I took a pitcher that shows just the tip of the pass side mirror usable.
I have it adjusted to check the rear wheel for backing up on small trails, important, need to see the big hole, or see the cactus about to be run over. I do haft to lean over to the right to use it. I also need outside mirrors to be street legal. I got a big Honda inside mirror that is easy to mount, and does a excellent job of checking for traffic. I will take the uppers off when it warms up, that will improve vis.

View attachment 314298 View attachment 314299
I do have a question…
Are you on Mars🤣
I know your in Utah but the shot of those pics look like their from the Mars Rover🥳

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Gerhard ,

Listen to @tjoreo .... He's the guy who designed and built the brackets out of both aluminium and 1/4" 3D printed poly.
He's also improved the brackets through several improvement phases to his design. The brackets are stout and work great.
If you smack a tree with your mirror, well..I'd suggest the bracket will hold and the mirror will be toast.
He made me a couple sets and they work perfectly.
Great guy and Friend, too. @tjoreo

Last edited:
Reactions: HBarlow and tjoreo
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Gerhard ,

Listen to @tjoreo .... He's the guy who designed and built the brackets out of both aluminium and 1/4" 3D printed poly.
He's also improved the brackets through several improvement phases to his design. The brackets are stout and work great.
If you smack a tree with your mirror, well..I'd suggest the bracket will hold and the mirror will be toast.
He made me a couple sets and they work perfectly.
Great guy and Friend, too. @tjoreo
I don't want to steal anyone's thread or over look anyones product but I think I might have a solution coming. I have a couple people trying them out and I'll let you know what I hear back from them. Hoping to have something soon, but I just wanted to Thank @HBarlow and @Dirtstiffs-1000 for their help on this.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
what tires are on this?
Tensor Regulators.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!