Talon Missing factory Mud guard

F

FreeLancerTex

Dec 6, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just bought 2020 Talon. Beautiful machine. And I've already started the upgrades.. But, it doesn't appear mine came with a right-side firewall mud guard? The '19 part number is 61240-HL6-A00.
Am I the only one?
Or does anyone really have a problem with stuff getting up in there?

KIMG0027 KIMG0028

H

HondaTech

If you are referring to the rubber flap that is part # 61250-HL6-A00 and theres isnt one for the right side from the factory.

The part you are listing appears to be present from the picture you provided, that part is actually the plastic inner fender. The 2 holes in the first picture that touch the frame bar are actually in the part # you listed.

Reactions: TripleB
F

FreeLancerTex

Dec 6, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
HondaTech,
Thanks for your reply. That's kind of mind boggling that the rubber flap wouldn't go all the way across?..
I'll just end up making something then. Or there is some available online I see for about $20

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the club.
A flap for the purple area is not included with any Talon.
The part you mention is in red.
There are some people making one tho. Maybe someone can give a link?B9cdc431f009d1b5e4998ea73a07b529

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
People on ebay and facebook selling full length flaps. Or you can take the one from the right side and flip it and use it on the left apparently. Personally i plan to leave it open so the power steering can get enough airflow during summer time and doesn't cause any issues.

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yep, Just buy the Honda piece, flip it over and it fits perfectly on the other side.
Yep took it off, flipped over. The fasteners are a mirror image of the drivers side. It will over lap in the middle.plan to order one. I want to mount a fuse block behind it. Then to access it just remove the rubber flap.

advertisement
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I tried to order a left side flap to install on the right side but it was backordered so I bought the firewall shield (available without the mud flaps) linked above. Installation was easy and it covers a little more area than the stock one. Thumbs up.

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you are referring to the rubber flap that is part # 61250-HL6-A00 and theres isnt one for the right side from the factory.

The part you are listing appears to be present from the picture you provided, that part is actually the plastic inner fender. The 2 holes in the first picture that touch the frame bar are actually in the part # you listed.
Thanks for the part#. Dealer couldn't find it. Ordered it today. $5.08

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I tried to order a left side flap to install on the right side but it was backordered so I bought the firewall shield (available without the mud flaps) linked above. Installation was easy and it covers a little more area than the stock one. Thumbs up.
Use Honda techs part #. Ordered today. $5.08. 7should have it Friday.

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
$5 is hard to beat, but incase it's out of stock or whatever. Another option is to buy some of this stuff

Neoprene Rubber Sheet, Rolls, Strips 1/16" (.062") Thick x 12" Wide x 10'Long Solid Rubber https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016C5FMEA/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Then copy the stock one, flip it over and line the 2 middle holes up and copy the other side. It comes in about every size you can think of. I plan to buy some to seal up some of the other gaps on mine.

I used these for the holes, handy to have around for whatever, especially for the price.

Spurtar 6 PCS Carbon Steel Hollow Leather Punch Set Kit Heavy Duty Round Leather Hole Tool for Watch Cloth Belt Gaskets w/Storage Bag 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", 7/32", 1/4", 5/16" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L1FBTZV/?tag=sxsweb24-20

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!