Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't recommend it - I got invited to southern Utah for the first time in 1972, I've been back almost every year since. :oops: I think I have red sandstone in my DNA helix. 🤔

@Ragnar406

OMG, JTW is a real person?!?!? :eek:

Good onya fer persevering in the face of adversity - git 'er dun. 👍 I saw cleaned metal in at least one photo, were you able to find a welder?

Terrific videos. Is that the newer generation Virb (square like a GoPro, not long like a torpedo)? I love the PIP, do you need a second camera or can you use your backup camera? Can you start both at the same time with the remote (do you use a remote)? How is the forward camera mounted, gimbal? and where? If you don't know - in Virb Edit, you can click on the track log (default in center of screen) and drag it to the edge, unless that's where you want it. You can click and drag all the gauges to anywhere you want them.
Yes, we brought a welder with us that was kept back at the cabin for that Just in case that happened - actually had it fixed the next morning before everyone was ready to take off so pretty much no delay.

Garmin Virb - I have two. The front is mounted to the black plastic with stick on mount just before where the windshield would be. The rear camera is mounted off the rear roll bar mount (will try and remember to get pics tonight). I have them both synced to a remote so that they start at the same time. The Virb edit program makes it easy to sync the footage up.
I have a template that i created for the layout - except I did not do with the PIP so i move the track to the middle when I do PIP.

Also the Garmin Virb's that I have are the older XE version like pictured below

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what I’ve been waiting to see.honestly how did the Krxs do ?I have one of each.Been thinking of trading the krx off,just because it is not that practical,even though it is badass.
Incredible. there were three in our group and I rode with @JTW in his the last day when we went to Sand Flatts Rec area with Hell's Revenge etc and then one to Kanes Creek trail... His KRX has 35's and still was able to go near vertical climbs, run in the woops on Kanes Creek and absorb everything.

Once finished processing
is us going up Hell's gate ....

Your not going to haul a deer in it well but it is a super capable machine.

Edit to add - first time i have been with JTW where he did not break something or several somethings on this long of a trip (has not broken anything on KRX to date as i know of)

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a lot of questions regarding the krxs,u guys have both.But I do not want to offend the Honda guys.Anyhow the kawisxs site sucks.Iwant answers to how the Krxs did w the different tire options between JTW and Numbar.we ok to talk about this here?
Do it.

Like I said above the KRX did fantastic.. I can say that at the end of Thursday after riding Sand Flatts Rec area and Kanes creek I was not nearly as beat as I would have been in the pioneer.

I know @JTW and @nbomar both have 35" tires and the V force Johns tune along with Shock therapy springs... @Kilo427 was running the stock tires, stock springs and Vforce johns tune and all did extremely well...

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Meaning,just one night over, or several away from coming back to regenerate
Plan was to go out Two nights - comeback in the third day and refresh refuel and get back out that evening .... but breakdowns hurt all that

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I have a lot of questions regarding the krxs,u guys have both.But I do not want to offend the Honda guys.Anyhow the kawisxs site sucks.Iwant answers to how the Krxs did w the different tire options between JTW and Numbar.we ok to talk about this here?
They were freak’n awesome!!

Reactions: TripleB
J

JTW

Yeah.. we’ve got to start adding some content there.

Reactions: TripleB
advertisement
J

JTW

This is what I’ve been waiting to see.honestly how did the Krxs do ?I have one of each.Been thinking of trading the krx off,just because it is not that practical,even though it is badass.
I mean... you do you, but that’s crazy talk! Between the pioneer and the krx I wouldn’t be trading the krx. In fact... there will be a multi seater krx taking the place of the pioneer when it’s available

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I mean... you do you, but that’s crazy talk! Between the pioneer and the krx I wouldn’t be trading the krx. In fact... there will be a multi seater krx taking them place of the pioneer when it’s available
Thanx for the answers guys.

Reactions: Ragnar406
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanx for the answers guys.
Alright this question is for kilo,because the first liar doesn’t have a chance.when ur tires wear out what size will u be replacing them with?also do u think the shock spring upgrade is worth it?

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alright this question is for kilo,because the first liar doesn’t have a chance.when ur tires wear out what size will u be replacing them with?also do u think the shock spring upgrade is worth it?
JTW I value to a point,I still have a ecu upgrade for my pioneer I never installed,lol.So what do u think about 35’s.mind u I know u get better ground clearance,but u have to be giving up lower end grunt.or does the krx doesn’t care?the difference in weight is a lot.how does it handle?and do u think the extra weight over time is going to be a problem like the 30” berserkers in the pioneer became?

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
JTW I value to a point,I still have a ecu upgrade for my pioneer I never installed,lol.So what do u think about 35’s.mind u I know u get better ground clearance,but u have to be giving up lower end grunt.or does the krx doesn’t care?the difference in weight is a lot.how does it handle?and do u think the extra weight over time is going to be a problem like the 30” berserkers in the pioneer became?
By the way what 35” tires are u running?

J

JTW

You haven’t put the ecu in?? DO IT!!!

The KRX doesn’t care... it was made for 35’s. You will suffer a little handling and get a little more feedback with the 35’s but the K9’s are kinda soft. I think the Berzerker 35’s would handle better. And when I’m talking handling I’m meaning pushing the machine to 55-60 mph on rough terrain and running high speed. You’ll get a little more roll and feedback. But the shock therapy springs made a big difference vs stock at helping to mitigate that. I’ve been back and forth on the 35’s vs a 33 and I’m still deciding but I really do like the 35’s! I have acquired another set of stock wheels and tires I’ll put 33’s on and compare soon! Will 20 lbs per tire cause more driveline wear?? Probably... but I’m not sure it’s going to matter on this machine. You won’t have the same issue as the pioneer because it’s not a DCT. First, the KRX is so low to begin with that it handles them beautifully, particularly with the VFJ tune. Secondly, you can change clutch weights vs having to do an IGR as in the Honda. I was at first concerned running 35’s... but the more time I have on them..... the more I like them. Now, if I were just running fast paced desert stuff... I might be more prone to look at a true 32-33”

J

JTW

I can answer this for him... 35” Berzerkers!

He doesn’t care about suspension and ride quality... if he does springs it will be because of ride height and the weight he carries.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can answer this for him... 35” Berzerkers!

He doesn’t care about suspension and ride quality... if he does springs it will be because of ride height and the weight he carries.
Yea, as reference he never noticed a difference between Stock shocks and fox shocks on the pioneer and thought a stock Talon X was plush.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!