Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A few of us went to Moab this past week Hopefully others will add in some of their pictures and experience

@GlockMeister , @Landman and Myself were in Honda Pioneer 1000-5's and @nbomar @Kilo427 @JTW were in KRX's also along from the ride was @nbomar friend scott in a viking and @Cuoutdoors riding along with JTW.

Josh and Justin has been after me to go to Moab for a few year now and this morning I feel like a kid who walked through the wardrobe into the magical kingdom only to have to come back to reality this Monday morning who now counts the days until i can go back.

@GlockMeister and myself road together and had a bit of planes, trains and automobiles ... but all great adventured start out with adversity

Glock picked me up Friday 10/2 in North West AR ... by the time we were through OK city his truck was starting to act up... initial thoughts was that diesel from his Aux tank may have been bad so we kept trucking adding new diesel at each stop in hopes of diluting. By the time we reached Albuquerque it was more than apparent that the truck was not going to make it... so we dropped off at a dealer to get looked at and rented a truck to finish our trip. - the short part of this story is that we made the return trip in a rented Uhaul lol....

pics of the the three
IMG 7534IMG 7539IMG 7786

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Some of the absolute best camping spots i think i ahve been in.

One night we camped up in the Mountains at 10K feet
IMG 7642IMG 7643IMG 7653IMG 7654IMG 7655IMG 7656
Another night we all camped on a bluff surrounded by some awesome scenery.
IMG 7669IMG 7672
62368482068  9B44CD1E 3580 4F90 9775 658EA03EE30D

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now as this great adventure started out with challenges in transportation well that also carried over lol.

At the end of the first night (Sat night) on Steel bender I guess about 100 yards from the end of the trail I discovered a A arm tab that had broke off... surprisingly it was a pretty clean break .. like right at the weld. with the help of everyone there we made a quick trail repair to get me back to camp where @Cuoutdoors and @GlockMeister helped get me back into business again
IMG 7580

Break
IMG 7586IMG 7588IMG 7585IMG 7589IMG 7590

All repaired and ready to go
IMG 7591IMG 7592

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The following day likely some left over damage from the A arm tab my steering went... something inside the steering box broke. @Kilo427 scooted back to camp to pick up the truck and help me back where we replaced the steering rack.... Honda really needs to modify and add nuts that are welded to the frame for this ... what a Pain in the ass to change.. But @Kilo427 , @JTW , @GlockMeister all jumped in and using their experience of having changed before we were not down to long

IMG 7667

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tuesday a Bent tie rod on Golden Spike/ Poison Spider trail - hey i can handle that and then Wed was the kicker as my Honda went down for the remainder of the week to what we believe is a Faulty Throttle sensor . Honda started throwing code 8 .. and while i used to have a electronic version of the service manual i carried recent changes in my tablet storage seemed to remove that...

This is where the Garmin InReach Mini really came in handy as we contacted @Hondasxs and @JTW drove ahead to get some service to call @Neohio to help us diagnose. I was also able to reach @Kilo427 who was back at camp (he also had inreach) for him to bring the truck and trailer for another ride of shame.

Thursday I rode with @JTW

Yes, even with all the bad luck I had a great time and cant wait to go back.
IMG 7564IMG 7565IMG 7583IMG 7619IMG 7626IMG 7628IMG 7644IMG 7695IMG 7709IMG 7711IMG 7729IMG 7750IMG 7756

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Awesome photos & videos, thanks for sharing. MOAB is definitely on my bucket list.
I don't recommend it - I got invited to southern Utah for the first time in 1972, I've been back almost every year since. :oops: I think I have red sandstone in my DNA helix. 🤔

@Ragnar406

OMG, JTW is a real person?!?!? :eek:

Good onya fer persevering in the face of adversity - git 'er dun. 👍 I saw cleaned metal in at least one photo, were you able to find a welder?

Terrific videos. Is that the newer generation Virb (square like a GoPro, not long like a torpedo)? I love the PIP, do you need a second camera or can you use your backup camera? Can you start both at the same time with the remote (do you use a remote)? How is the forward camera mounted, gimbal? and where? If you don't know - in Virb Edit, you can click on the track log (default in center of screen) and drag it to the edge, unless that's where you want it. You can click and drag all the gauges to anywhere you want them.

Last edited:
advertisement
L

Laserman1

Oct 4, 2020
Chattanooga Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Went there 2 weeks ago for the first time. Rented Yamaha wolverines with High Country Hummer and ATV. Spent 2 .5 hours on Hells Revenge. Wife loved it so much she is is on board for me getting a pioneer now. I a glad I had a guide the first time there. Could get in trouble fast.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went there 2 weeks ago for the first time. Rented Yamaha wolverines with High Country Hummer and ATV. Spent 2 .5 hours on Hells Revenge. Wife loved it so much she is is on board for me getting a pioneer now. I a glad I had a guide the first time there. Could get in trouble fast.
This is what I’ve been waiting to see.honestly how did the Krxs do ?I have one of each.Been thinking of trading the krx off,just because it is not that practical,even though it is badass.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Overall looks like u guys had a great adventure!Great to see club members helping each other s out!Maybe next year I can give up hunting for a year and join u guys.I know u guys are pretty tight.But w a few cases of beer I might convince u to let me tag along
I have a lot of questions regarding the krxs,u guys have both.But I do not want to offend the Honda guys.Anyhow the kawisxs site sucks.Iwant answers to how the Krxs did w the different tire options between JTW and Numbar.we ok to talk about this here?

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!