P1000 Modified Under Seat Storage Install

J

JAL

Nov 22, 2020
Medford, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I was just about to give up on installing the Honda Under Seat Storage Option on my Honda 1000-5. To install the storage box, you need to remove the seat side panel on the driver's side. It is held in by plastic push pins and three bolts. Unfortunately, the bolts on my unit appeared to have been over torqued at the factory and I would probably need to purchase a set of metric impact allen head sockets to get these three bolts out. My solution was to punch holes into a spare Sea to Summit 30L camping bag that I found in my closet. I used 3/8 inch grommets to reinforce the holes and used the supplied push pins to install the bag. Here are some photos of my modified under seat storage install:

UnderSeat1

UnderSeat2

UnderSeat3

Amazing amount of unused space under the driver's side seat!

B

Bobbyh83

Nov 17, 2018
Magnolia
Slow clap... that looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JAL

Nov 22, 2020
Medford, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never pass up the opportunity to buy a new tool! So I was able to remove the 5mm Hex Bolts using a battery powered "impact driver" in "drive out" low speed mode. I push solidly into the bolt head as it came out. Really was very uneventful.

ImpactDriver

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!