TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
20200418 192831

Best day Shrooming I've ever had and I still came in last. Lol They sure don't come easy in these steep ass East Tennessee mountains.

P

PNWGuy

Not quite the season up here. Presently, Idaho just shut down their state to non-residents for recreation so "technically" I am banned from all my morel spots. And all my riding trails that I grew up riding on.

I don't give a damn and will be back in the woods looking for mushrooms here in another month or so. Pretty sure the Constitution hasn't been nullified. Especially Article 4, Section 2. Nor the numerous Supreme Court cases that state that states can't ban the free travel of residents from other states.

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not quite the season up here. Presently, Idaho just shut down their state to non-residents for recreation so "technically" I am banned from all my morel spots. And all my riding trails that I grew up riding on.

I don't give a damn and will be back in the woods looking for mushrooms here in another month or so. Pretty sure the Constitution hasn't been nullified. Especially Article 4, Section 2. Nor the numerous Supreme Court cases that state that states can't ban the free travel of residents from other states.

No but the liberal governors/mayors sure seem that they are able to nullify the federal and state constitutions.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Scored on Sunday, and it was still pretty early in my honey hole. Heading out again tomorrow. Blacks are done around here. Yellows are up, and grays should be soon.

View attachment 198937
I went Monday evening after our big score Saturday and only found 8 between 3 of us. What a let down. Lol

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 197981
Best day Shrooming I've ever had and I still came in last. Lol They sure don't come easy in these steep ass East Tennessee mountains.
Congrats! I've read that they like to grow around Sycamores and Elm trees, We have a bunch of old big Elm trees. There mostly on the North slope, is there a special slope to hunt on?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Pore soil? I have started Elm log piles a few years ago, hoping it would produce Morels?
Disturbed ground is what I look for. Strip pits, logging roads etc. But I've have 1 spot that we find them thats just on a hill side in the mountains thats not been touched by any equipment. So what I'm saying is I really don't know. Lol

P

PNWGuy

View attachment 199261
I also found 4 full beers. I hope they're not skunk. Lol
I think that beer was skunk at the time of bottling, lol...

I notice most all of your morels look like they were pulled from the ground versus being cut at the base. I always thought that you were supposed to cut them at the base with a knife and then shake the mushroom to release spores so they re-populate more readily.

But I've only been hunting them a few years and go back to the same spots every year.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think that beer was skunk at the time of bottling, lol...

I notice most all of your morels look like they were pulled from the ground versus being cut at the base. I always thought that you were supposed to cut them at the base with a knife and then shake the mushroom to release spores so they re-populate more readily.

But I've only been hunting them a few years and go back to the same spots every year.
I pinch them off at the ground and try and leave the piece connected to the ground. I do shake them and use a mesh bag that they say helps spread the spores but Idk if it really does anything or not.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Had another good score last night. It was getting dark and the kiddo was getting fussy, but we just found more and more on our way out of the woods, the more we found. I probably left more than I picked. Lol! You can't tell in the pic, but there's some monster fresh ones in there. One was about the size of my toddler's forearm.
 nc ohcZrPIDKvLWDYAX vnx4T nc htscontent ort2 2

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!