P500 Most bang for the buck

R

RyanMcK

May 21, 2017
Philadelphia PA
Ownership

1. 500
Hey everyone. I got my first quad a few years ago. It was a 99 Honda Fourtrax 300 2wd. My friends would just my balls, but I kept up with them for the most part. I have rolled it, sunk it, and bounced it off of many objects. I have no idea how many miles or hours are on it, but it never let me down. Many of my friends went to the sxs and I was feeling left out. I also wanted a 4x4, and something my wife or dog could ride with me. The cheapest I could find was Kymco, but the dealers would not let up on price. I almost threw in the towel and bought a motorcycle instead. Then I found a used 2016 P5. It had 32 miles on it, extended warranty, and I left the dealer paying $7300. It tops out at 42mph, and here in the mountains where I ride, you are lucky to get up to 15mph on most trails. This weekend I took it off the beaten path by my cabin. Well, I was really impressed. It crawled over rocks, crushed through the brush, and only needed the winch 1 time. It could use some more ground clearance but did very well in my book. I like the paddle shifters and having the control over gears. A locking front would be a nice feature. Last month I sunk it. I didn't pull water in the intake or crank case but I did get water in exhaust and fuel tank. I absolutely love my P5. I've pulled people back to staging area after they broke down. It's got enough power to do donuts in 3rd gear. It is comfy and there are so many accessories. I highly suggest a P5 to anyone looking for a reliable sxs without breaking the bank. Oh, and since it is a class 1 I can ride this at any 4 wheel trail. Class 1 is under 50" wide. Class 2 is under 58". Most of the big sxs are over that making them ineligible to ride on dcnr trail systems. Honda has proven itself to me.

20170728 162654

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the club of happy owners!!!

Reactions: RyanMcK
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I agree the most bang for the buck out there. I didn't want to drop $12-$20K on a side by side either and love what I got for $7K and wouldn't trade it for anything. Welcome to the club and you will love every minute you drive it.

Reactions: RyanMcK and HUCK
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey everyone. I got my first quad a few years ago. It was a 99 Honda Fourtrax 300 2wd. My friends would just my balls, but I kept up with them for the most part. I have rolled it, sunk it, and bounced it off of many objects. I have no idea how many miles or hours are on it, but it never let me down. Many of my friends went to the sxs and I was feeling left out. I also wanted a 4x4, and something my wife or dog could ride with me. The cheapest I could find was Kymco, but the dealers would not let up on price. I almost threw in the towel and bought a motorcycle instead. Then I found a used 2016 P5. It had 32 miles on it, extended warranty, and I left the dealer paying $7300. It tops out at 42mph, and here in the mountains where I ride, you are lucky to get up to 15mph on most trails. This weekend I took it off the beaten path by my cabin. Well, I was really impressed. It crawled over rocks, crushed through the brush, and only needed the winch 1 time. It could use some more ground clearance but did very well in my book. I like the paddle shifters and having the control over gears. A locking front would be a nice feature. Last month I sunk it. I didn't pull water in the intake or crank case but I did get water in exhaust and fuel tank. I absolutely love my P5. I've pulled people back to staging area after they broke down. It's got enough power to do donuts in 3rd gear. It is comfy and there are so many accessories. I highly suggest a P5 to anyone looking for a reliable sxs without breaking the bank. Oh, and since it is a class 1 I can ride this at any 4 wheel trail. Class 1 is under 50" wide. Class 2 is under 58". Most of the big sxs are over that making them ineligible to ride on dcnr trail systems. Honda has proven itself to me.

View attachment 50845
Nice looking rig, enjoy!

Reactions: RyanMcK
R

RyanMcK

May 21, 2017
Philadelphia PA
Ownership

1. 500
Over 200 miles on it now. I just took the Mrs out for first time and she liked it! i sank it and thought I flooded the engine 2 rides ago. Turned out I got water in the gas. I changed all the fluids, no water got in the diffs or engine oil. Also didn't get into intake. Just exhaust and fuel tank. going to raise the vent tubes. I also took it on the mountain. It handled the rock terrain very well. I added an EMP under hood storage bin and a rear tote for storage.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!