Mt. Magazine

JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The wife book us for a couple of nights next month and was looking for suggestions on trails to ride. Nothing very rough as she usually has bad experiences while ridding. 1300+ miles and this will be the first trip off the farm. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The wife book us for a couple of nights next month and was looking for suggestions on trails to ride. Nothing very rough as she usually has bad experiences while ridding. 1300+ miles and this will be the first trip off the farm. Any suggestions?

Let us know how it goes. I’ve never ridden mt magazine. It’s on my list. @Montecresto you ever been here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RingMaster

RingMaster

Lifetime Member
Mar 12, 2017
Little Rock, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been there once and loved it. We rode all day and seldom went on the same trail. I would love to go again. When are you going?

I assume you are staying at the lodge? In that case you will have to trailer your Honda each night. You can't ride from the lodge to the trails.

Chris from Little Rock.

Reactions: JLH
crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
been riding there one of my favorite. some rough trails some just regular gravel road trails. don't remember if there was any steep climbs. there is a mud hole that will swallow a rancher whole. wanted to go there with my pioneer. planned on a trip there spring break but eneded up reserving a site at mulberry mountain. want to go some where I hadn't been before. lodge is awesome n I think mt magazine is the highest peak in arkansas. 5fa2bef3d312dccca0ee5cefcd46017355e546ebb0f8eada7b930721ccaaf1d5E1f9605445ad842b5fcbae13efce5843E0f829f234e6d864f81db11fa6c260ce

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and JLH
JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have been there once and loved it. We rode all day and seldom went on the same trail. I would love to go again. When are you going?

I assume you are staying at the lodge? In that case you will have to trailer your Honda each night. You can't ride from the lodge to the trails.

Chris from Little Rock.
Yep, staying at the lodge on the 16th and 17th. Plan on ridding most of the day Satuday. Is there enough parking for a truck and trailer at the lodge? Crewcab Z71 and a 16' bumper pull? How far is it from the lodge to the trailhead? Adequate parking there? Sorry for all the questions.

Reactions: sharp
JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Let us know how it goes. I’ve never ridden mt magazine. It’s on my list. @Montecresto you ever been here?

I'll try to take some pics and will report out on what I think. The only thing I can compare it to would be Moccasin Gap when it was just open to horses, lol

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, staying at the lodge on the 16th and 17th. Plan on ridding most of the day Satuday. Is there enough parking for a truck and trailer at the lodge? Crewcab Z71 and a 16' bumper pull? How far is it from the lodge to the trailhead? Adequate parking there? Sorry for all the questions.
yes it does have plenty of room for a semi to park. the trail head is right there so u can leave your truck there at the lodge. ride right to the trails. be advised though when they say sharp turns on the road to the lodge they mean sharp! heck if we could get a group ride going on I might just cancel on my reservation n get a tent spot at magazine. March 16-17? mainly do most of the riding Saturday.

RingMaster

RingMaster

Lifetime Member
Mar 12, 2017
Little Rock, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I'm not positive but I think I remember signs specifically stating that no off road vehicles are allowed in the actual state park (unless trailered). The lodge is a very short truck drive to the trailhead. You can trailer camp at the trailhead, but it's totally dry camping (no electricity, water, etc.) It's a big field so there's plenty of room there.

I was hoping this would have been the previous weekend so that we might be able to join you. Hopefully next time!

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not positive but I think I remember signs specifically stating that no off road vehicles are allowed in the actual state park (unless trailered). The lodge is a very short truck drive to the trailhead. You can trailer camp at the trailhead, but it's totally dry camping (no electricity, water, etc.) It's a big field so there's plenty of room there.

I was hoping this would have been the previous weekend so that we might be able to join you. Hopefully next time!
yes I believe u are correct. it's been a while since I have been there. I do remember unloading at the trailhead in a big field. and the parking lot at the lodge was plenty big enough for large trailers. been a few years since I have been up there.

JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I've been wanting to go on a Pioneer ride but so far it hasn't worked out for me. I'll keep looking for opportunities though. Thanks all for the information.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4

Indeed I have and that is the best place for @JLH to take his wife if she’s had issues on the trail, particularly because it’s the only place that I’m aware of that has guided atv rides. I think a 3 hour and a 5 hour.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
60DBC912 41E4 4DF4 900F 60DD1A6E34CA
427680D5 9FA6 491D 98CE 955C4D1721DF
4A0B782F 75EE 47DE 9832 65BB650C0B56
I've been wanting to go on a Pioneer ride but so far it hasn't worked out for me. I'll keep looking for opportunities though. Thanks all for the information.
A few of us ride the ONF not too far from Mt. Magazine on a regular basis, if you’d like I’ll pm you the next ride. It’s pretty tame riding there.

Reactions: 500oneer
JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Thanks for the invite, I'm going to start a weekend shift at work next weekend, taking vacation to go to Mt. Magazine on the 16th and 17th. Maybe I can get with you when I get off this shift. Nice pics.
Ok, well I’ll keep you posted on that then.

Reactions: JLH
crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i will be riding at mt magazine Friday March 23. it will be just a day ride. 10 year old is wanting to go riding in the mountains before baseball season takes over. if any one is interested we should be there at the state park round 9ish.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
i will be riding at mt magazine Friday March 23. it will be just a day ride. 10 year old is wanting to go riding in the mountains before baseball season takes over. if any one is interested we should be there at the state park round 9ish.

I hope someone joins you. Enjoy yourself.

Reactions: crazychris
JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I wish I could but I'm working Friday thru Sunday shift now, have fun.

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wish I could but I'm working Friday thru Sunday shift now, have fun.
this is a spring break last minute trip. last weekend we were supposed to go to mulberry n camp. kids got sick. allergies. so we cancelled. n my 10 year old has been bugging to go riding some in the mountains. so I figured a surprise trip to mt magazine something I know I can do in a day. will be having a more organized ride later after baseball season is over. will get pictures and post how the ride went. this will be my first trip other than the deer camp with the pioneer. n my kids first trip as well. got a 10 year old and a 6 year old.

Reactions: JLH and Montecresto
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!