Mud and Leaf Clean Out

RideRed85

RideRed85

Jan 23, 2019
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hey Guys, I have put about 900 miles on my stock tires and have been OK with them until here lately. Spring mud is in full swing in West Virginia, and the stock tires seem to love just filling up with a leafy muddy combination and not cleaning out well. Slick as snot. Might as well be on street tires! LOL

I'm considering AMS M1 Evil 30 x 10 x 15
Tusk Terrabite 30 x 10 x 15

Aftermarket tires seem to be far superior to the stockers from reading most reviews and input online. Do the aftermarket options clean out better than the stockers?

My experience with tires is pretty limited. I had Bighorn Originals on my previous RZR and still have Bighorn Originals on my Rincon. Never seemed to have this issue with those tires. This is my first Spring with the Talon since I didn't buy it til Summer 2019.

Thanks for any input.

IMG 7401

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
The Tusk Terrabites are a All Terrain tire and will probably not clean out any better. I would go with a more aggressive tread!

Reactions: RideRed85
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Something with Vee tread.

thats how they clean out.

a very tough and economical option is Kenda executioners. 14” rims required though.
D858AD2D 99B9 4F6D A708 3E46AF7CBF80

RideRed85

RideRed85

Jan 23, 2019
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks guys. I have thought that maybe I need a set with more aggressive tread for the times I’m doing property maintenance at home. Then an all terrain set for when I go riding.

Oilfieldtrash

Oilfieldtrash

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon X
I noticed the same thing with the stock ones loading up here in Illinois. I am on the fence with wheel and tire selection right now. Leaning towards M1 Evils on a 14" raceline beadlock.

RideRed85

RideRed85

Jan 23, 2019
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
IMG 8037

Just an update to the thread. I ended up with Tusk Aramid Terrabites 30-10-15 on Tusk Teton 5+2 wheels. They eat up the same muddy and leafy hill as my original picture without a problem. Thanks for everyone's input.

Oilfieldtrash

Oilfieldtrash

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon X
Looks good. Where did you end up getting the set up? And are you running spacers on the rear?

RideRed85

RideRed85

Jan 23, 2019
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
Looks good.

Thanks!

Where did you end up getting the set up?

Directly from Rocky Mountain ATV.

And are you running spacers on the rear?

Yes, 1 1/2" ultra light spacers from RB3 Offroad. I have mixed feelings about the spacers. I got them just because my OCD brain says the front and rear should track square, even though I know that isn't always true.

PS I looked hard at the M1 Evils and went with the Terrabites because they are a little lighter in weight and are also less $$$. Plus RMATV has excellent customer service.

Reactions: Oilfieldtrash

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!