P700 Mud lights.....not the tires! Lol

Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I installed some blue ebay LEDs in the headlights. Upon installing I noticed the inside of the headlight lens pod had a substantial amount of dirt in it. I cleaned it out best I could. After a 20 mile muddy dirty ride one led burnt out. I found that the entire bottom of the headlight pod is filled with mud. Does the round cap need a big o-ring? And am I missing some sort of a plug bc as you can see in the photo I can insert a red spray can straw into the hole. Both sides of my pioneer are like this can't believe it is designed this way unless the previous owner messed it up. I did notice a drain hole on the bottom of the black plastic of the pod. Ohh, and dont buy the pictured leds they are junk, it didn't burn out from moisture bc it was sealed in the lens, not too bright either unless you get the white version.

20210822 192634 20210822 221328 20210822 221258

Last edited:
1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes to two of your questions. The housing itself does have a round pop in cover about the size of a coke can that shields slinging water and mud from getting into area of light bulb. Also the bulb itseld should have a o-ring gasket between bulb and housing, It needs to fit really snug to prevent water from entering housing. I tried some LED bulbs but the o-rings were loose fitting and I wound up getting water in them. I finally went with LED housings off E-Bay.

Reactions: Lady01
Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for the reply, I have both of those but mud is getting in where you see the red straw, also does the round cover have an o ring?

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!