P500 Mud/trail Tires

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
How much mudding do u do the zillas are awesome mud tires but will wear faster not"fast" on hard pack trails the bearclaws are "good" mud tires and a little better for trails i love my ripsaws for everything and with 500miles no sign of wear but i have 2 small complaints 1 crazy heavy ( good because pretty indestructible) and 2 inorder to self clean u have to bring the p5 to pretty much rev limiter

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
You have to be honest with yourself about your riding type yes mud tires look nasty but will they serve your purpose of the occasional mud pit???? Im not saying thats you but its what you gotta ask yourself

Last edited:
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Check the price on the Kenda Bearclaw HTR radials...inexpensive for a radial...of the three you listed, I have had them all...Mudlites had numerous sidewall slices, the Swamplites I liked but if you ride hardpack a lot, they will where quicker...Loved the Zillas I had. wore well, mudded well, a little rough riding at slow speeds but pretty good on everything else. Try this site just for price comparison...I buy mine there but there are many other sites... www.mudthrowers.com

Spot on:
Zillas = best in mud and wear, but rough ride
Mud Lights = Good in the mud. I had quality issues
Swamp Lights = Good in the mud but wear quick on gravel roads

BTW: 9 month old twins probably change a lot of priorities.

Reactions: 500oneer and SBuckJ
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
I just ordered some 26 Kenda bearclaw htr, will post pics when they are mounted up. Everyone seems to like them alot as an all purpose tire.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't get in thick mud much, but when I do I want 27" tires for clearance and looks. I am thinking Interco Reptiles or Sti Black Diamond XTRs on stock rims. Anyone have experience with those tires?

tpeck202

tpeck202

Feb 22, 2016
New Hampshire
I think I have decided on zillas. Now I need to figure out the largest size that will fit without rubbing on stock wheels. I think I might keep the stock wheels so I don't get covered in mud.. Zillas supposedly run small, but I just talked to someone who has 28s on his p500 with 1" spacers and they still rub. Will 27x9s rub in the front?

I have 28" zillas and barely touch when turned all the way. Now I sold them and order 30" and just gonna trim the frame.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
oh that's the far east side lol was thinking if you were a little closer we could meet up some point in the spring

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just ordered a set of Mud lite xtr in 27 inch... Keeping stock rims so I can still fit it in the back of a truck... It came down to these or black diamond XTRs, I think the ITPs will suit me better.

Reactions: trigger
advertisement
S

schmo37

Apr 26, 2016
Florida
Just ordered a set of Mud lite xtr in 27 inch... Keeping stock rims so I can still fit it in the back of a truck... It came down to these or black diamond XTRs, I think the ITPs will suit me better.
I put IPT 27inch Mud lites on 14 in rims they ride decent they rub slightly on frame in front at full turn

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I put IPT 27inch Mud lites on 14 in rims they ride decent they rub slightly on frame in front at full turn

BadAss......

Reactions: schmo37
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Love these tires so far! 27" mud lite xtr. Way smoother than any bias ply...

Image Image

Reactions: Mudder
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Has anyone looked at the Sedona Ripsaw tires? I have them on my P5 and any very happy with them for all types of riding except sand dunes but I don't ride those anyway.

Alan

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!