William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am looking for some good mud and trail tires for my p500. The knockoff bighorns just aren't enough for me in the mud. I know I'm going to get black itp delta wheels, but am torn on tires. I am looking at swamplite, zillas, and mud lite type tires in 27-10-12 on all four corners. I can't spend that much on radials, plus I normally stay under 3rd gear everywhere I ride. Also I don't mud ride I just hunt in the p500. Any ideas on tires would be great! Any experience with the three tires listed on a sxs also... Thanks!

Reactions: Geoff
I

iam_canadian22

May 5, 2015
Zillas get my vote, durable great handling tire, light, decent in mud for the times you do encounter some

Reactions: William and SBuckJ
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't go wrong with the zillas I've got some but they are a little rough under 10 mph. The black diamonds are a great tire all around as well. And are radial and affordable

Reactions: William
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Check the price on the Kenda Bearclaw HTR radials...inexpensive for a radial...of the three you listed, I have had them all...Mudlites had numerous sidewall slices, the Swamplites I liked but if you ride hardpack a lot, they will where quicker...Loved the Zillas I had. wore well, mudded well, a little rough riding at slow speeds but pretty good on everything else. Try this site just for price comparison...I buy mine there but there are many other sites... www.mudthrowers.com

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I have decided on zillas. Now I need to figure out the largest size that will fit without rubbing on stock wheels. I think I might keep the stock wheels so I don't get covered in mud.. Zillas supposedly run small, but I just talked to someone who has 28s on his p500 with 1" spacers and they still rub. Will 27x9s rub in the front?

393stroker

393stroker

May 26, 2015
I think I have decided on zillas. Now I need to figure out the largest size that will fit without rubbing on stock wheels. I think I might keep the stock wheels so I don't get covered in mud.. Zillas supposedly run small, but I just talked to someone who has 28s on his p500 with 1" spacers and they still rub. Will 27x9s rub in the front?
27x9s on front 27x11s on back no rubbing. I have since went back to my stock rims to keep the mud from going every where. Love this setup.

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks! I'm thinking zillas would be best as far as a mud tire. I can't find radials cheap enough....

393stroker

393stroker

May 26, 2015
Not sure where you are located. But check out atvoutfitters in Greenville sc. You can look them up on the web. But call for best price. Ask for Matt or Maurice. Like SBuckJ said the bear claws htr is a great radial tire. And Maurice quoted me $385 otd mounted since I am local to them. That was for 26x9x12. That will probably be my next tires as I won't to try a radial also.

Reactions: William
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really liked my Blackwaters, they were great jack of all trades tires.

advertisement
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I still haven't gotten tires, but my needs have changed. My 9 month old twins love riding around the subdivision so I'm going to need a tire that wears good on road too. If that exists. Looking at the Sti black diamond xtr, bearclaw htr, and Interco reptile now

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I still haven't gotten tires, but my needs have changed. My 9 month old twins love riding around the subdivision so I'm going to need a tire that wears good on road too. If that exists. Looking at the Sti black diamond xtr, bearclaw htr, and Interco reptile now
Radials

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I trail ride alot...
I went with the Maxxis Ceros. ....
from rmatv.com. ...

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I am looking for some good mud and trail tires for my p500. The knockoff bighorns just aren't enough for me in the mud. I know I'm going to get black itp delta wheels, but am torn on tires. I am looking at swamplite, zillas, and mud lite type tires in 27-10-12 on all four corners. I can't spend that much on radials, plus I normally stay under 3rd gear everywhere I ride. Also I don't mud ride I just hunt in the p500. Any ideas on tires would be great! Any experience with the three tires listed on a sxs also... Thanks!
All tires listed are excellent .......
but all 3 throw the mud....
& are capable of throwing softball
size rocks a good 20 yds.....haha

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm using stock rims for that reason. After market rims throw too much mud... I'm leaning towards black diamonds, just gotta save a little more side money. I am also replacing my tires because I want 27" tires.

393stroker

393stroker

May 26, 2015
I have just recently put on a set of bear claw htr. Stock size and it would be hard for me to go back to mud tires. The ride is great in the trails or on the road.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
I have just recently put on a set of bear claw htr. Stock size and it would be hard for me to go back to mud tires. The ride is great in the trails or on the road.
What size htrs did you get?

393stroker

393stroker

May 26, 2015
I went with 25s I had 27s zillas prior to these. Where I ride is a lot of steep hills. It had lots of power in low but I could not get enough momentum and would spin out going up . If I tried it in 2nd it struggled to climb or would bog down. Now I can use 2nd gear more efficiently.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I'm probably going to get the bear claw HTR. I was looking at mud lite XTR and black diamond XTR but the bear claw are 8 ply radial and the cheapest lol.. I'm all about cheap. But i am narrowed down to them 3 tires. The black diamond xtr has the best lateral control of the tires and that is the main reason i wanted them. But they do run small i have heard.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!