P500 Tires and wheels

B

BadBillyPratt

Apr 5, 2023
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Hi BadBillyPratt,
5+2=7” wide rims. No frame rub, but I do have larger fender extender/flaps on the front and at full lock left with a little compression it will just touch fender extender inside the wheel well, not a big deal for me.

Typically for my usage it’s primarily just me, sometimes wife, plus chainsaw and recovery gear on mine, so 27” tires work well for my needs. E.g., trails, old forestry roads, hunting, exploring, not specifically muddin. If I was loaded all the time I’d probably do 26” tires. 27” are great, just on long pulls at WOT, weighed down it can mean shifting between 4/5 whereas with 26s it’d probably pull it. Thing to note ensure you measure true tire diameter as many are undersized. HTRs are great tires, radials are the way to go for sure.
j
You folks are the best and I mean that. Duh on the rims. My usage is similar to yours JCart but I'll be loading her a bit more and will have 2 people a lot of the time. Was thinking 26x10x12 just because I value articulation over size...not that there's a lot of either here. So you didn't use 1" spacers on the rear for the track? Maybe go 26x11 on the rear? How about turning those big fronts? Annoying? Thanks again. I'll upload some pics when she's worth looking at.

Reactions: Mudder
B

BadBillyPratt

Apr 5, 2023
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Here's and idea. Carlisle ATV A.C.T. HD 26 X11x12 6 ply RADIAL on Raceline 5+2 Mamba rims all the way around. Thoughts? Tire actual is 26.6" X 10.1" (I can live with the width if you can). Spacers? I don't like spacers but not sure about the "tracking" thing. I'd Love to hear from anyone.

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 382069Here's and idea. Carlisle ATV A.C.T. HD 26 X11x12 6 ply RADIAL on Raceline 5+2 Mamba rims all the way around. Thoughts? Tire actual is 26.6" X 10.1" (I can live with the width if you can). Spacers? I don't like spacers but not sure about the "tracking" thing. I'd Love to hear from anyone.
You'll be a little floaty in the front end when steering with the wides. You may want to add EPS too as the bump steer will be noticeably worse. You'll be about 2" narrow in the rear based on what you posted.

B

BadBillyPratt

Apr 5, 2023
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
You'll be a little floaty in the front end when steering with the wides. You may want to add EPS too as the bump steer will be noticeably worse. You'll be about 2" narrow in the rear based on what you posted.
Thanks Trigger. Good info on the feel of the drive and I hadn't thought about bump steer. Figured the rears may need 1" spacers. I guess I have decisions to make. Thanks again.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Trigger. Good info on the feel of the drive and I hadn't thought about bump steer. Figured the rears may need 1" spacers. I guess I have decisions to make. Thanks again.
I had 26x11's on 5+2's at one time and that was what I noticed. Running more psi in the fronts helped them dig in to steer a little better. You won't want to go any wider in the front than that or it'll rub.

Reactions: Mudder
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
You folks are the best and I mean that. Duh on the rims. My usage is similar to yours JCart but I'll be loading her a bit more and will have 2 people a lot of the time. Was thinking 26x10x12 just because I value articulation over size...not that there's a lot of either here. So you didn't use 1" spacers on the rear for the track? Maybe go 26x11 on the rear? How about turning those big fronts? Annoying? Thanks again. I'll upload some pics when she's worth looking at.
I prefer the same size at all corners as I rotate tires for even wear. Seems with a narrower front tire they (least as I recall) seem to wear quicker than the rears thus the rotating (and same size), to off set that. Prior to power steering I didn’t know the difference and yaaas PS is nice for sure, especially in tight locations or ploughing snow. Think two hands versus to 2-3 fingers when turning around. So put PS on the list..heh.

Spacers for me aren’t really on the list as mine just squeezes between the fender wells of my old 7.3 OBS powerstroke truck, backed in. Seems Imma bock bock chicken compared to most others here as I’ve yet to lay mine over and it’s not really in the plans either mahahahaa.

B

BadBillyPratt

Apr 5, 2023
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I prefer the same size at all corners as I rotate tires for even wear. Seems with a narrower front tire they (least as I recall) seem to wear quicker than the rears thus the rotating (and same size), to off set that. Prior to power steering I didn’t know the difference and yaaas PS is nice for sure, especially in tight locations or ploughing snow. Think two hands versus to 2-3 fingers when turning around. So put PS on the list..heh.

Spacers for me aren’t really on the list as mine just squeezes between the fender wells of my old 7.3 OBS powerstroke truck, backed in. Seems Imma bock bock chicken compared to most others here as I’ve yet to lay mine over and it’s not really in the plans either mahahahaa.
I'm going with the same size on all corners for tire rotation porpoises ( I like my poirposes to do neat things). Leaning quickly as the list is long and shows no signs of letting up. Gonna need "sucker" or "broke" badging for this thing ;-D.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!