P500 Mudlite xtr’s or Bighorn OG

Ragincajun92

Ragincajun92

Mar 19, 2018
Kingsland, Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Figured I would make a different post and let you guys cast your vote on which tire I should get as I can’t do a poll. Whichever tire out of my 2 choices will be the winner as I just can’t decide. The size will be 26” and will be on aftermarket 5+2 12” wheels.

Here is what I will be riding in. Me and the wife have a lot of dirt roads by are house that we will be riding on. I will also have to ride on the pave road sometimes to get to these dirt roads and the roads on my hunting camp. I also ride swamps,creek bottoms,powerlines and some other low county areas in southeast ga. I also ride in the woods and on trails with roots and what not. I will also be going in the future to some atv parks Like Hatfield and McCoy and others like it in the mountain country maybe once a year. We do have a lot of mud and water around here and I do like to get in it sometimes but not something I do often. Thanks in advance for your vote and help. It seems from everything I have been reading that these are the 2 best options (mudlite xtr,maxxis bighorn OG) for the p500. Last but not least will I have any issues turning either one of these tires? I have read that the 2017 and up models don’t have as low of gear as the 15-16 models do. Is this true and will it be a issue with the tires I am looking at and the size? Thanks fellas for helping me choose.

C

Chooglin

I can't really give an opinion on the mudlite tires because I have never used them. One thing I did notice about them though, they are a directional tire , So you mite want to take that into consideration !

Ragincajun92

Ragincajun92

Mar 19, 2018
Kingsland, Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
I can't really give an opinion on the mudlite tires because I have never used them. One thing I did notice about them though, they are a directional tire , So you mite want to take that into consideration !
Is being directional a bad thing?

C

Chooglin

Is being directional a bad thing?
Not really a bad thing , but once they are mounted on the wheel , they can only be mounted on the proper side of the machine (passengers side or drivers side).

A spare tire can only be used on one side of the machine !

The tread pattern is designed to only rotate in one direction!

Reactions: Ragincajun92
Ragincajun92

Ragincajun92

Mar 19, 2018
Kingsland, Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Seems the mudlite xtr made the top 8. I wonder why they didn’t test the big horns

Ragincajun92

Ragincajun92

Mar 19, 2018
Kingsland, Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Went to my local Honda dealer today and they told me I should really look at 27” maxxis zillas. They have apparently sold a few sets to other p500 owners and all of them have liked them better than other tires they have used. Said they measure a little small so going with a 27” would give me closer to 26 1/2”. I looked them up and they are one of the lighter tires to and are suppose to be good in everything

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!