P1000 Multiple accessories share same valuable cavity under the driver seat... here's an idea.

wyldeman

wyldeman

Jul 23, 2022
Fort Wayne, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had to prioritize [under driver seat] accessories based on what I need most. I understand sacrificing the storage option, but what about windshield washer fluid, subwoofer, air compressor, large AUX battery, amplifier, etc. ?

I installed a JL Audio Stealthbox 10' subwoofer over the Summer, (because this vehicle is loud and clear hi-fidelity audio can cure the monotony). Unfortunately, here in the Midwest it got cold and I wanted to add the glass windshield with a wiper and had nowhere for the washer fluid reservoir... UNTIL THIS EVENING.

Here is my idea, does anyone have other ways to utilize other wasted space?

Bent up the tank bracket and placed in another spot under the seat of my 2022 HP 1000-5 EPS. The assembly must be centered for seat to lock, but as shown in the picture with the BLUE arrow, just have to slide the tank over to fill:

Bracket 1 Bracket 2 Bracket 3 Bracket 5 Bracket 6

Last edited:
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I've had to prioritize [under driver seat] accessories based on what I need most. I understand sacrificing the storage option, but what about windshield washer fluid, subwoofer, air compressor, large AUX battery, amplifier, etc. ?

I installed a JL Audio Stealthbox 10' subwoofer over the Summer, (because this vehicle is loud and clear hi-fidelity audio can cure the monotony). Unfortunately, here in the Midwest it got cold and I wanted to add the glass windshield with a wiper and had nowhere for the washer fluid reservoir... UNTIL THIS EVENING.

Bent up the tank bracket and placed in another spot under the seat of my 2022 HP 1000-5 EPS. The assembly must be centered for seat to lock, but as shown in the picture with the BLUE arrow, just have to slide the tank over to fill:

View attachment 383525 View attachment 383526 View attachment 383527 View attachment 383528 View attachment 383529
That's pretty good idea, if you get rid of all that EVAP crap you'll have the perfect room for an under seat fan... 👍

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That's odd, mine IS NOT the Califo model. Not sure I understand its function.
Nope, I apologize... that's not the EVAP stuff, looked weird on the pic close up compared to mine that's always full of mud 😂😂
I believe that's part of the intake, Honda makes some funky canisters like that I "think" for sound purposes....??

Reactions: Smitty335
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 383525 View attachment 383526 View attachment 383527 View attachment 383528 View attachment 383529
Great idea on the tank relocate, now you have warm fluid to defrost the windshield!
if you need more room for the tank so you don't have to move it to fill it, you can cut out the deep section of the tray and then drop it back in from the top. The sides have a slight taper to them so it won't fall thru. A little RTV and some DynaMat extreme and you are set

IMG 8879IMG 8880IMG 8881

5seaterbeater

5seaterbeater

Jun 11, 2023
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@wyldeman How has this worked out? About to install the kit and don't want to lose the underseat storage. Wanting to go this route. Is the bracket screwed in or just it just rest on the rail? Does it move at all?

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335
wyldeman

wyldeman

Jul 23, 2022
Fort Wayne, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@wyldeman How has this worked out? About to install the kit and don't want to lose the underseat storage. Wanting to go this route. Is the bracket screwed in or just it just rest on the rail? Does it move at all?
So far so good. Haven’t had to screw it in, resting on the rail has proved to have more than enough retention strength.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!