Multiple accessories with acc key on pin

T

Tuck6

Jan 8, 2023
Cobourg Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi guys new to the forum and new owner of a 2022 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. I am no professional but love the challenge and enjoy installing my own accessories.
I have purchased a rear view mirror with led interior lights as well as side mirrors with LED’s. Both of them are from xprite
Eventually I plan to add a stereo, winch, LED light bar. I have watched multiple videos about wiring accessories as well as powering up the 3 dead switches on the 22’s.
The two mirrors both came with illuminated rocker switches I would like to use.
Is it ok to wire both of those into the acc pin for key on power (little pink wire taped up under dash) ? They both have inline fuses as well.
So didn’t see the need to purchase a fuse block as well. But wanted to ask the pros. At the end of the day I just want my machine done right.
Thanks very much for the help.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Welcome from MI.

Better get some pics of that new buggy posted or you will be in violation of rule #4! The sheriff will be here in no time if you don't!

In the end, you will see a need for a fuse block. And likely a second battery, isolator, and many other farkles. I suggest you spend some time enjoying and reading on said farkles before you spend too much. :)

T

Tuck6

Jan 8, 2023
Cobourg Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the tips. To be honest finding it a little overwhelming all the different required electrical upgrades everyone seems to do. See a lot of guys doing the double battery. That will be next.
Will get a couple pics posted for sure.
Go leafs go lol

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Break them down into smaller projects and it won't be so overwhelming.

For example, add the second battery and isolator first.

Later, add the continuous duty relay and fuse panel. The nice thing about the fuse panel is you can add lots of things easily.

If you don't want to do a separate relay and fuse panel, check out the Auxbeam 8 gang switch panel instead of (or in addition to, as I did) the fuse panel. Makes adding more goodies easier.

EDIT: Link fixed

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!