BRed muv 700 starter

W

warreng

Nov 26, 2016
melbourne australia
Ownership

1. Big Red
Hi all 1st post hope its in the right spot . i have a 2012 muv 700 and the armature gog has worn about 3/4 of a mill or.029 of an inch. starter bench test fine but the wear on shaft won,t engage its like the fly wheel is just engaging the top edge . the previous owner had 3 starters replaced and the last mech said he had rectified the problem .now it has gone again so at an average of one a year something must be not be lined up .also any opinions on after market starter if i keep replacing them at this rate genuine ones get expensive all previous starters were gen parts fitted buy dealer. cheers Warren

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club.
Not sure why the BR starters have been such an issue. It's common they go out all the time.
I would just find the cheapest one I could if the OEM's keep going out.

*moving this to the BR section.

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!