BOX1

P700 My 700-4 is in!

M

mpilihp

Aug 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok heres the proof! So far its been great, was a bit freaked out when we first drove it and tried to go over 15 and the engine kept cutting out, then read in the manual its a safety FEATURE requiring the seat belts be on.... We use it for hauling wood and rarely go fast so no biggy.

Have a roof and windshield on order and figuring out what I need for a second battery and winch set up now.

~ Phil

Pioneer 700 4A Pioneer 700 B

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Ok heres the proof!
Congrats!

So far its been great, was a bit freaked out when we first drove it and tried to go over 15 and the engine kept cutting out, then read in the manual its a safety FEATURE requiring the seat belts be on....

Your dealership and/or salesman should have covered a variety of things with you, including that. That's just basic stuff.

Have a roof and windshield on order and figuring out what I need for a second battery and winch set up now.
There are countless threads and YouTube videos on adding a second battery, so I'm sure you can get all the proper part numbers and such from them. I have a 1000 that I just added the dual battery setup to and it was pretty easy, but I'm not sure how much work there is for the 700. The concept is the same, but clearly where and how things fit will change.

Winches: Over the years riding ATVs, I've bought $$$$ winches and $ winches, but usually in the 3500# range. On my new Pioneer 1000, I added the Badland ZXR5000 from Harbor Freight, then swapped out the steel cable for a synthetic one. Lots of good reviews on that unit, and I spent $197 (plus ~$60 for the KFI winch mount) on it versus $500-600 for the big name brands. Time will tell if it was a wise decision.

M

mpilihp

Aug 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Congrats!

Your dealership and/or salesman should have covered a variety of things with you, including that. That's just basic stuff.

There are countless threads and YouTube videos on adding a second battery, so I'm sure you can get all the proper part numbers and such from them. I have a 1000 that I just added the dual battery setup to and it was pretty easy, but I'm not sure how much work there is for the 700. The concept is the same, but clearly where and how things fit will change.

Winches: Over the years riding ATVs, I've bought $$$$ winches and $ winches, but usually in the 3500# range. On my new Pioneer 1000, I added the Badland ZXR5000 from Harbor Freight, then swapped out the steel cable for a synthetic one. Lots of good reviews on that unit, and I spent $197 (plus ~$60 for the KFI winch mount) on it versus $500-600 for the big name brands. Time will tell if it was a wise decision.
Hi thanks, yes I've been reading up on them. Thinking I will do the battery isolator kit this sites store sells and mount a battery under the drivers seat. This UTV is mainly for working so wont be a lot of accessories to start but I will put in a fuse panel up front.

As I said I don't trail ride so will probably do a cheap 3500lb winch but add the synthetic rope to it, sick of dealing with fraying steel cables!

Ive got a windshield with the tilt out bottom on order and a steel roof, not racing with it and want something solid for protection and so I dont have to worry about it when towing.

~ Phil

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The TrueAM isolator is definitely the way to go. Get the kit with the dual voltmeter so you always know the condition and charging state of BOTH batteries.

When you add the fuse box, don't wire it directly to the battery. If you are going to have SOME thing you want to run all the time but some things you only want to run when the key is on, then two smaller fuse blocks OR one larger block that can be split can be done. Most things you'll want to only run when the key is on anyway, so make sure you install a relay (lots of people get the Stinger, but that freezes up in cold temps, so I went with the Cole Hersee marine rated 64A continuous duty relay) and, for key-on power (12v that turns on and off with the key) grab the key-on power harness from the HondaSXS club store as well. I also added both a positive and negative bus bar -- that makes it much easier to connect things that otherwise would be connected directly to a battery, but you don't have to fight trying to add yet one more connector to a small battery post/bolt.

Finally, while it won't directly correlate to the 700, here's a great YouTube video put together by HondaSXS member @RobSparre about the Honda Pioneer 1000 Dual Battery Install. That's definitely worth watching.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ummmm. Who's driving?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok heres the proof! So far its been great, was a bit freaked out when we first drove it and tried to go over 15 and the engine kept cutting out, then read in the manual its a safety FEATURE requiring the seat belts be on.... We use it for hauling wood and rarely go fast so no biggy.

~ Phil

View attachment 304968 View attachment 304969
Your I presume your wife takes wood hauling seriously HA

RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The TrueAM isolator is definitely the way to go. Get the kit with the dual voltmeter so you always know the condition and charging state of BOTH batteries.

Finally, while it won't directly correlate to the 700, here's a great YouTube video put together by HondaSXS member @RobSparre about the Honda Pioneer 1000 Dual Battery Install. That's definitely worth watching.
Tnx Scoop!
Phil - here is a link to the dual battery video that shows the isolator hook up and other details.

M

mpilihp

Aug 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Your I presume your wife takes wood hauling seriously HA
Yes she does, she likes to be warm, Id cut less wood and keep house cooler, so she can set temp to 76 and I wont complain cause she helped!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!