P500 My first trail with the P500

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
Just got back from my first trail ride with the P500. Impressions are that it is a blast; the suspension is harsh, plenty of power for the wife and I on trails; manual shifting is great but glad it has automatic for the wife; a really good wife does not say "I told you so after not making it up a hill and laying the poor P500 against a tree in a wash out (yes I have a really good wife); steering is not so good backing down a hill in 4WD, much better once I went back to 2WD; power steering is not needed but would be nice at low speed tight turns; I can't wait to go out again.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just got back from my first trail ride with the P500. Impressions are that it is a blast; the suspension is harsh, plenty of power for the wife and I on trails; manual shifting is great but glad it has automatic for the wife; a really good wife does not say "I told you so after not making it up a hill and laying the poor P500 against a tree in a wash out (yes I have a really good wife); steering is not so good backing down a hill in 4WD, much better once I went back to 2WD; power steering is not needed but would be nice at low speed tight turns; I can't wait to go out again.
HA! It gets better! Some of the guys are putting lockers on the front axel and you would definitely want PS. Happy trails!

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
GO ! IT HAS HEADLIGHTS ! IT'S THE SWITCH ABOVE THE KEY .

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Sounds like a blast!!
You know what they say!.................pics or it didn't happen!!!

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
This is my method to maintain domestic tranquillity. I have a picture of my wife’s failure to drive the mower on the down hill side of a tree at my moms house. The look on her face is the ‘you better not post that picture on your SxS website’ look. She tried to back up but the open diff just spun the up hill tire.

Knowing I have the dirt to dish out if she says anything about my poor decisions works wonders.

E54B7611 9439 4E1E 9E85 2E9264AA11A7

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500

You do have a "really good wife". A really "great wife" would jump out and push while you tried to get it going. Unfortunately my wife falls in the "I told you so" category. .:rolleyes:

Last edited:
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
You do have a "really good wife". A really "great wife" would jump out and push while you tried to get it going. Unfortunately my wife falls in the "I told you so" category".:rolleyes:
There has got to be a meme categorizing the levels of 'wife' in this thread.
Just nobody willing to stick there neck out quite that far to risk being caught with it on there computer.

advertisement
S

Santa

Jul 30, 2018
Kimberly, WI
Ownership

1. 500
I agree that riding the P500 is a blast, but also agree that the ride is harsh with the stock shocks. Springs are way too stiff. I installed Walker-Evans shocks and it made a world of difference in the ride quality. Expensive, but worth it. Honda has put totally different shocks on the new 520 and I wonder how they ride and if they might fit your P500 for a less expensive ($1200) option to make the ride on your 500 more enjoyable. I now have 6300 trouble free miles on my 2017. I never use the too clunky automatic shift. Paddle shifters are great. Have fun and be safe.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!