P500 My little Yellow P5

mmccloud

mmccloud

Feb 6, 2016
West Virginia
Maxxis 26inch 2.0's, a lil bit of Plasti coat, a $70 22inch LED from Amazon and some dirt. IMG 0668 IMG 0669

Last edited:
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I have grown to really like the yellow. It's the only other color I would choose besides the green or camo. However, I bought mine with hunting in mind. If it were just for trail riding, yellow would have been my first choice. What you have done with the hood really sets it off. Looks good!

Reactions: markie and CuMinR
mmccloud

mmccloud

Feb 6, 2016
West Virginia
I have grown to really like the yellow. It's the only other color I would choose besides the green or camo. However, I bought mine with hunting in mind. If it were just for trail riding, yellow would have been my first choice. What you have done with the hood really sets it off. Looks good!
Thanks.. the hood took me about 30 min. to do. i like the looks of those wheels and tires on yours. what brand of tire and size? also do you have wheel spacers on yours to? been thinking about goin with a 1 1/2 inch space on mine.

Reactions: JCart
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
T
Thanks.. the hood took me about 30 min. to do. i like the looks of those wheels and tires on yours. what brand of tire and size? also do you have wheel spacers on yours to? been thinking about goin with a 1 1/2 inch space on mine.
Thank you. They are STI HD-3 14" rims with 5+2 offset. The tires are 27"x11" Ripsaws. I've been very pleased with them so far. I am not running spacers. I didn't know if 11" tires would clear up front, so I bought some 1.5" spacers when I was mounting everything, but it was a non-issue. Ended up sending the spacers back. Have never had any rubbing, and haven't had to do the frame mod. My OA width is still only about 53", and I have no trouble following any ATV down a trail.

advertisement
mmccloud

mmccloud

Feb 6, 2016
West Virginia
T

Thank you. They are STI HD-3 14" rims with 5+2 offset. The tires are 27"x11" Ripsaws. I've been very pleased with them so far. I am not running spacers. I didn't know if 11" tires would clear up front, so I bought some 1.5" spacers when I was mounting everything, but it was a non-issue. Ended up sending the spacers back. Have never had any rubbing, and haven't had to do the frame mod. My OA width is still only about 53", and I have no trouble following any ATV down a trail.
I might move up to a 27 inch when i need new tires. So far i'm pretty happy with the 26 bighorns though. very smooth ride and dont seem to have slowed it down any.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I might move up to a 27 inch when i need new tires. So far i'm pretty happy with the 26 bighorns though. very smooth ride and dont seem to have slowed it down any.
Stay with the 26". If that doesn't suit you, get a bigger sxs.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!