KyGal83

KyGal83

KGB, SNS, Duchess Sheldon, Ms. Daisy, Natasha
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I am one of those people who names their beloved inanimate objects. Most everything I own has a nickname. For example, I drive a red Mini Cooper, I named “Lil Bit.” Because a friend said it was a .. Lil Bit like riding in a go kart. I bought a Ravin Crossbow a couple of weeks ago and I have named it “Lenore” in homage to Edgar Allen Poe’s The Ravin. However, I have had my P500 since March and have yet to give it a suitable name.. I currently refer to it as “Nameless”. That just doesn’t do it justice… So I have decided to finally give her a real name. Which brings me to my point…

Who else named their machine? If so, what did you name it and why did you pick that name? Anyone care to share?

Last edited:
KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Last edited:
Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I am one of those people who names their beloved inanimate objects. Most everything I own has a nickname. For example, I drive a red Mini Cooper, I named “Lil Bit.” Because a friend said it was a .. Lil Bit like riding in a go kart. I bought a Ravin Crossbow a couple of weeks ago and I have named it “Lenore” in homage to Edgar Allen Poe’s The Ravin. However, I have had my P500 since March and have yet to give it a suitable name.. I currently refer to it as “Nameless”. That just doesn’t do it justice… So I have decided to finally give her a real name. Which brings me to my point…

Who else named their machine? If so, what did you name it and why did you pick that name? Anyone care to share?
My machine's name is Morpheus. I named it after an alter ego I have (Morpheus Dangleberry.) I sometimes call into my place of employment from an outside line and disguise my voice and ask incredibly stupid things and say stupid things to get a reaction out of my co-workers while watching their reactions on CCTV. This usually gets a lot of smiles and gets people cheered up. Since my SXS to me is something very fun and enjoyable I figured I'd name it something that makes me laugh so the good times start the moment I say, "well I'm going to go load up Morpheus and his s***." ;-)

KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
My machine's name is Morpheus. I named it after an alter ego I have (Morpheus Dangleberry.) I sometimes call into my place of employment from an outside line and disguise my voice and ask incredibly stupid things and say stupid things to get a reaction out of my co-workers while watching their reactions on CCTV. This usually gets a lot of smiles and gets people cheered up. Since my SXS to me is something very fun and enjoyable I figured I'd name it something that makes me laugh so the good times start the moment I say, "well I'm going to go load up Morpheus and his s***." ;-)
😂 😂.. That is awesome! Great Name. Years ago, I had a supervisor who loved to pull pranks on us. We honest to goodness LOVED them... broke up the monotony of the work. Gotta to have laugher and fun to make life worth living! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
😂 😂.. That is awesome! Great Name. Years ago, I had a supervisor who loved to pull pranks on us. We honest to goodness LOVED them... broke up the monotony of the worker. Gotta to have laugher and fun to make life worth living! Thanks for sharing.
I tend to do the same in my role and I'm honestly surprised I haven't gotten canned for it yet. Most people laugh as it lightens the mood, but its usually at very inappropriate (by societal standards) times.

*While performing CPR on a dead patient*
Doctor: "How old is this person"
Me: "As old as they're gonna get!"
Everyone else: 😆😂
Doctor: 🤨

KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I tend to do the same in my role and I'm honestly surprised I haven't gotten canned for it yet. Most people laugh as it lightens the mood, but its usually at very inappropriate (by societal standards) times.

*While performing CPR on a dead patient*
Doctor: "How old is this person"
Me: "As old as they're gonna get!"
Everyone else: 😆😂
Doctor: 🤨
This is completely me... When I am nervous I am even more sarcastic than usual and my humor tends to the dark or naughty side. A couple of years ago, my husband was in the hospital and they had just stabilized him after he went into Sepsis Shock.

Doctor: That was close, we almost lost him!
Me: Yeah, he never finishes anything he starts.
Husband, nurses, daughters: 😂 😂 😂
Doctor: blank stare of disgust.

Last edited:
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
How about naming the P5 "Sheldon" (as in Sheldon Cooper on the Big Bang) since you drive it, and a Mini Cooper?

Oh, and a little advice..............

Mini cooper

Last edited:
advertisement
KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
How about naming the P5 "Sheldon" (as in Sheldon Cooper on the Big Bang) since you drive it and a Mini Cooper?

Oh, and a little advice..............

View attachment 296172
I am a Big Bang Fan. 🤔…

😂😂Thanks for the advice.. I will avoid sneezing in there as well.

KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Wife and I named ours "Ollie" because he is green and runs around in the forest. I have another nickname lately "Land Shark". How about "Bullwinkle" you are moose brown.
Ollie is a great name for your buggy! There has to be story behind the "Land Shark" name though. 🤔 Bullwinkle is actually at the top of my list!

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Wife and our kids are crazy Disney fans. Everything gets named a Disney name that starts with the same fist letter as the make or model. IE: BMW X5 is now called Beast. My Honda P520 is nicknamed Herc...as in Hercules.

I'm sure he will go the distance...

KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Wife and our kids are crazy Disney fans. Everything gets named a Disney name that starts with the same fist letter as the make or model. IE: BMW X5 is now called Beast. My Honda P520 is nicknamed Herc...as in Hercules.

I'm sure he will go the distance...
Love the Herc name! Crazy Disney Fan here too! My camper is a Red Winnebago Minnie, all Disney-ed inside. We have spent 2 weeks at Disney for Thanksgiving every year since 2009.

I thought about naming it Morris. Not many know there was a Disney short in the 1950’s called Morris the Midget Moose. Kind of an under dog story.. Morris teams up with a new friend Balsam to beat the big bad moose Thunderclap. Always thought it was cute… but no one would get the reference.

advertisement