My new toy...

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Its a 2000 Hoot ETV. Got it for $2500. It has a 15hp Kohler electric start, 4 gallon gas tank, 22-11×8 tires, claims to have a top speed of 25mph. Just got it yesterday and I havent really put it through its paces yet. Just drove it around the yard a bit. Ive wanted one for like 10 years.

Screenshot 20210302 072324 Gallery Screenshot 20210302 072315 Gallery Screenshot 20210302 072254 Video Player Screenshot 20210302 061131 Gallery

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I plan on installing tracks on it, possibly a color change, and maybe glow whips and wakeboard speakers, basically set it up like modern 4 wheelers at the mud bogs. I might end up regretting ever buying it, but right now I think its pretty cool.

Robertb52

Robertb52

Feb 13, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
I think its pretty cool. I would forgo the tracks and turn it into a ‘party barge’ for mud. I say that because that’s what comes to mind seeing basically a deck wrapped around that thing. Similar to what one could do with a pontune boat.

Just imagine, you slowing creeping through the mud on that thing, playing some awesome 80s hairband music, people drinking and dancing on your expanded decking - be awesome.

No, seriously-it would be awesome. You got an awesome find. Would love to see the transformation pics.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I think its pretty cool. I would forgo the tracks and turn it into a ‘party barge’ for mud. I say that because that’s what comes to mind seeing basically a deck wrapped around that thing. Similar to what one could do with a pontune boat.

Just imagine, you slowing creeping through the mud on that thing, playing some awesome 80s hairband music, people drinking and dancing on your expanded decking - be awesome.

No, seriously-it would be awesome. You got an awesome find. Would love to see the transformation pics.
With a stripper pole?! I think you're onto something here....

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I never saw one of those. Pretty cool. Fits you nicely. 😎🤣🤘🏾
Thanks man. Ive been looking for one on and off for about 10 years. Almost got a Max II 6x6 about 4 months ago, then last week I got ahold of the Argo dealer in Sarasota, Fl and had them draw up a buyers agreement for a 2021 Argo 650 6x6 outfitted with Adair mud tracks on it for a package price of $15,400. We went riding at Possum Creek in Georgia this past weekend and while I was at camp I told my buddy Rob that I was gonna pull the trigger on the Argo. He said, " You should see this thing I seen for sale on facebook marketplace. It looks like an Argo but you sit on it like a 4 wheeler." I asked him if it was a Hoot and he wasnt sure so he pulled it back up for me to look. I couldnt believe it! He just stumbled upon it and Ive been looking for one for years! Lol Anyway, he sent the info to my wife on facebook and when we left Georgia Sunday she messaged the guy and he said he still had it. He was just 2 hours south of me. He said his grandpa bought it new in 2000 in Alaska and when he moved down to Florida he brought it with him and gave it to him. We made plans for me to come down this past Monday afternoon to buy it. So I took off work and drove down. Finally got one! 🍻

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks man. Ive been looking for one on and off for about 10 years. Almost got a Max II 6x6 about 4 months ago, then last week I got ahold of the Argo dealer in Sarasota, Fl and had them draw up a buyers agreement for a 2021 Argo 650 6x6 outfitted with Adair mud tracks on it for a package price of $15,400. We went riding at Possum Creek in Georgia this past weekend and while I was at camp I told my buddy Rob that I was gonna pull the trigger on the Argo. He said, " You should see this thing I seen for sale on facebook marketplace. It looks like an Argo but you sit on it like a 4 wheeler." I asked him if it was a Hoot and he wasnt sure so he pulled it back up for me to look. I couldnt believe it! He just stumbled upon it and Ive been looking for one for years! Lol Anyway, he sent the info to my wife on facebook and when we left Georgia Sunday she messaged the guy and he said he still had it. He was just 2 hours south of me. He said his grandpa bought it new in 2000 in Alaska and when he moved down to Florida he brought it with him and gave it to him. We made plans for me to come down this past Monday afternoon to buy it. So I took off work and drove down. Finally got one! 🍻
That’s awesome man. I’m excited for you.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’ll give you $2,600 for it!!!!

That thing is awesome. I too have been looking for an Argo 6x6. My dad had bought one when I was in high school. That thing was awesome just about everywhere. I thought the top speed was around 25mph also, but it was plenty fast for what it was. Even for high school kids with a need for speed.

When we put tracks on the Argo it turned it into a beast. As much snow and mud as you wanted to go through, it would handle it. And the plastic tracks were fun on pavement, it’s like driving on a skid pad. Lol.

We got it stuck in the snow a few times and it was always easy to get out with 3 people pushing. In general it was pretty hard to get stuck and when we did it was because we were driving all over drifts at weird angles to see what it could do.

We did get it stuck one time in some duck s*** thick mud, we ended up getting it out with a come-along because no other vehicles could get close. That was with tires though, once we got the tracks, I don’t think we got stuck in mud again.

We had plastic tracks with no paddles real paddles or anything, maybe 1/2” lugs. You just drive over them and tighten them up, it got to be about a 10min job after a few times.

So, that was my long way of saying, get Tracks or sell it to me!!!!:cool:

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Haha great story to boot. 😎🤣🤘🏾

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I’ll give you $2,600 for it!!!!

That thing is awesome. I too have been looking for an Argo 6x6. My dad had bought one when I was in high school. That thing was awesome just about everywhere. I thought the top speed was around 25mph also, but it was plenty fast for what it was. Even for high school kids with a need for speed.

When we put tracks on the Argo it turned it into a beast. As much snow and mud as you wanted to go through, it would handle it. And the plastic tracks were fun on pavement, it’s like driving on a skid pad. Lol.

We got it stuck in the snow a few times and it was always easy to get out with 3 people pushing. In general it was pretty hard to get stuck and when we did it was because we were driving all over drifts at weird angles to see what it could do.

We did get it stuck one time in some duck s*** thick mud, we ended up getting it out with a come-along because no other vehicles could get close. That was with tires though, once we got the tracks, I don’t think we got stuck in mud again.

We had plastic tracks with no paddles real paddles or anything, maybe 1/2” lugs. You just drive over them and tighten them up, it got to be about a 10min job after a few times.

So, that was my long way of saying, get Tracks or sell it to me!!!!:cool:
Lol great story! Yes, tracks are coming one day if possible. 6x6parts.com has them on their website. This thing is super rare, even amongst 6x6s. I ordered an Argo drain plug for the back because the tub was missing it. When I find time Ill install it and do a leak test in some water.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!