My Other Machine

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On a different thread I mentioned my Suzuki V-Strom and a few asked to see some pictures, so here are a couple:

This is a DL-1000 and it is no "dirt bike" that's for sure! I call it my "Tank".

IMG 3403

I use it for running gravel and dirt roads these days, at one point it was set-up for long distance riding, hence the added fuel tank! It holds just under 11 gallons with both tanks full... that's a long way on Forest Service Roads!

IMG 3404

Between the front pannier bags, tank bag, Jessie saddle bags and room on the seat, one can haul a lot of stuff on this machine!

IMG 3405

I have it fitted with Hyper-Pro shock and front springs custom set-up for me, Russell Day Long seat, non-stock gearing, skid plate, etc. Its fun and worth more to me that anyone else on the globe, or so I learned when I thought about selling it!

IMG 3408

I've sold my other bikes (they were actually worth something to others), just don't have enough room for storage and time to ride!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Keep it so we can do some riding in the Smokies next spring.

Reactions: Manwell
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Keep it so we can do some riding in the Smokies next spring.
I have no plans of selling this bike... I tied to sell it and I would lose my butt. I'll ride it until I don't want it anymore and then I'll give it away! It's a strong bike with only 47,000 miles on it. I have a friend who has over 400,000 miles, yes 400,000 on one of these.

J

JTW

I have no plans of selling this bike... I tied to sell it and I would lose my butt. I'll ride it until I don't want it anymore and then I'll give it away! It's a strong bike with only 47,000 miles on it. I have a friend who has over 400,000 miles, yes 400,000 on one of these.
I call dibs on it!!

Reactions: Manwell