P500 My P5

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
My handicap accessible P5! Hand controls, door removed & hip bar removed. Wheelchair lift installed but not wired up yet. This vehicle does exactly what I need & loads easily on my atv trailer!

AAF6EB52 AEEA 4615 9165 09A49FF186BB 5F756D1C 1362 4010 B7E0 D3E87FB31FB4 D4DF822F AE8E 45C4 B00C 43F711C830A6

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Great job! What communications to you have where you ride? Cell service or not? No cell service where I ride so got a small waterproof ham radio for the P500, THT TY 8600. Mounts near rear view mirror with honda clamp.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Are you able to tell us more about the hand controls. We had someone asking few months ago and we couldn't answer.

Would you be able to get any pics?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Remington
hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Are you able to tell us more about the hand controls. We had someone asking few months ago and we couldn't answer.

Thanks.

Thanks.

6078BAF5 1083 4201 A33E DEECC3F5B2D6

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
This week I wire up power to the chair lift, install my glovebox, wire up backup lights.
Please share pics of your progress:) I should be getting my glovebox this week as well and some more lights. You can never have enough light, lol:cool:

Reactions: Chooglin
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Great job @hondabob64 :)

Reactions: nctrailboss
Idahotruckman

Idahotruckman

Feb 15, 2021
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
HondaBob64,
To one gray beard to another - thank you for sharing the pictures. The mechanics for the hand controls appear to be a simply effective design, and well made. It amazes me how people can design and make these wonderful adaptations!
Only had to fab a plate to mount to the firewall. This week I wire up power to the chair lift, install my glovebox, wire up backup lights. Oh my gosh - so you are doing the mods yourself?
I greatly admire and respect folks like you who find ways to enjoy power sports and the great outdoors while dealing with physical challenges. If you are fabricating some or all of your modifications - that is even more impressive!
I am selective in what forums I join. My time is valuable. During the winter, one of my selfish pleasures is to go to my forums and read up and learn new things about what interests me. I am so happy I recently joined this forum. There is a very positive and helpful vibe on almost every thread I read. Thank you to HondaBob64 for sharing, and to the moderators who keep things positive, and to you members for all your helpful posts.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
HondaBob64,
To one gray beard to another - thank you for sharing the pictures. The mechanics for the hand controls appear to be a simply effective design, and well made. It amazes me how people can design and make these wonderful adaptations!
Only had to fab a plate to mount to the firewall. This week I wire up power to the chair lift, install my glovebox, wire up backup lights. Oh my gosh - so you are doing the mods yourself?
I greatly admire and respect folks like you who find ways to enjoy power sports and the great outdoors while dealing with physical challenges. If you are fabricating some or all of your modifications - that is even more impressive!
I am selective in what forums I join. My time is valuable. During the winter, one of my selfish pleasures is to go to my forums and read up and learn new things about what interests me. I am so happy I recently joined this forum. There is a very positive and helpful vibe on almost every thread I read. Thank you to HondaBob64 for sharing, and to the moderators who keep things positive, and to you members for all your helpful posts.
Glad you joined as well. More members = more ideas. A member, @100Acre is moving to Idaho. A great well traveled guy, and dog.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am jealous! Beautiful country.
A bunch of us ride up that way fairly often. Maybe you come up for a weekend sometime ? I’ve ridden all over Idaho but there are still some places I have not yet seen, so once I’m settled and if the world hasn’t gone to shirts, maybe we can come down and do silver city or some such. Wish I could get everyone to ride more north central Idaho stuff like Orogrande, Frank Church and a few others...

Reactions: Raghorn and J80
Idahotruckman

Idahotruckman

Feb 15, 2021
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
A bunch of us ride up that way fairly often. Maybe you come up for a weekend sometime ? I’ve ridden all over Idaho but there are still some places I have not yet seen, so once I’m settled and if the world hasn’t gone to shirts, maybe we can come down and do silver city or some such. Wish I could get everyone to ride more north central Idaho stuff like Orogrande, Frank Church and a few others...
Would love to. Silver City is great. Frank Church area has a few good trails, but they closed one of my favorites after a fire a few years ago.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
How are you guys riding Frank Church? I thought that was all designated Wilderness. i.e. no motors allowed.

Reactions: 100Acre
Idahotruckman

Idahotruckman

Feb 15, 2021
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I might have misunderstood "Frank Church." I am speaking of the Frank Church Wilderness area that is accessed from Highway 21 West of Stanley, Idaho. You pull off the highway at the Boy Scout camp exit and take the gravel road towards the Seafoam Lake area. Turn east on Rabbit Creek Road and you can get to Pinion Point, which is almost 10,000' in elevation. I admit I have not been there for seven years to camp and ride, so maybe they blocked everything off. The USFS was closing some atv trails at that time and turning some of them into single tracks.
It's a big area, so perhaps it is also accessed from another border.
My brother lives in Hayden, Idaho near Coeur de Alene. I would love to ride in the Pend Oreille area of Idaho. I say a You Tube video a couple years ago where some folks rode their atv's right from a campground to a trail that appeared to be located around the lake. That sure would be pretty.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!