toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Heck, the latest ones include things like GPS for turn-by-turn navigation (voice or vibration), all kinds of body sensors (heartrate, BMI, EKG, blood oxygen saturation, etc.) and other sensors (gyroscopes, barometers, accelerometers, etc.), Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC, etc.)., fitness trackers, crash detection (automatically notify emergency services and your emergency contacts of your location), make and receive calls and text messages, use your watch as a key or as as credit card, etc. It's crazy what these "watches" can do these days.

Yup I have a newer one and it does all those things. I don't have a 4g watch so it has to be connected to my phone, but my next one will probably be a standalone one.

I'm not a watch person but it has grown on me. I make dick tracy jokes when i answer a call on my watch. 😂 The sad part is I normally get a comment on how clear i am. The watch speaker and microphone is clearer than my regular phone.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks, Scoop. 👍 A standalone wristwatch/cell phone, Dick Tracy lives. :eek:

F07D9623 3F62 4B23 B7EF A73ADD660901

I can lock/unlock or remote start my wife’s truck from my watch. Technology is cool when it works.

• Wow
Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!