P1000 Stock battery life

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sometimes car batteries can last up to 10 years, but more common is 4 to 6. Keep in mind that after the first few charge cycles, where your new battery actually gains a bit of capacity, after that it's all downhill. How steep and short that hill depends on how the battery is treated. In any case, it is losing it's capacity over time, and one day, will leave you in a lurch if not replaced ahead of time.

Signs of a weak battery are slow cranking, voltage dropping below about 10.5 volts during cranking etc. Low temperatures reduce a battery's output, while too high a temperature (think battery located under seat without added ventilation) reduce battery life.

The quality of the battery (e.g. made with virgin rather than recycled lead) has a lot to do with battery life as well as how it's treated *before* you bought it.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I bought a baby Kubota, a BX with belly mount finish mower, front end loader, and snow plow in October or November 2018 when we moved to WV. The small OEM battery is five years old now but has always been connected to a Battery Tender. It still easily starts the tiny three cylinder diesel.

Sorry, I have photos but can't find them to post. I had to buy a new computer recently and am still searching.

Biteme

Biteme

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2020
North West New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2016, put a second battery with isolator in 1 year after purchase and connected all accessories to the second battery, never have had any issues with either battery

Reactions: Jerryg
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hit and miss..
My 2019 Pioneer was dead within 3 weeks after buying it.
My 2014 700 and 2016 1000 were good until I sold them (about 3 years)

Reactions: Hawk53

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!