P1000 Stock weight question.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry this is a bit late.
I have a 2021 P1K5 LE and I've heard the aluminum skid plates add about 80#.
That might explain the weight difference noted by @TcDoc, and let @NewHere2 know which spouse or dogs (or all of them) to leave behind to lighten the load. Can't add anything about Tennessee mud.

But after years of involved study, I'm sure that a beer = 12 ounces (import and domestic).
Think of how many of those you can bring instead of dogs or a Large Marge.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry this is a bit late.
I have a 2021 P1K5 LE and I've heard the aluminum skid plates add about 80#.
That might explain the weight difference noted by @TcDoc, and let @NewHere2 know which spouse or dogs (or all of them) to leave behind to lighten the load. Can't add anything about Tennessee mud.

But after years of involved study, I'm sure that a beer = 12 ounces (import and domestic).
Think of how many of those you can bring instead of dogs or a Large Marge.

View attachment 424310
I prefer the UHMW armor. It’s the best!

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I prefer the UHMW armor. It’s the best!
@100Acre: I agree with you and would prefer no skid plates or UHMW. I bought the LE to get the Fox shocks.
Skid plates and the under dash storage bins were stock on the LE.
Next time, I'll focus more and add after market shocks like I've done with several vehicles.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!