toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Mine lasted 2 1/2 years. It left me and my daughter stranded in the woods, (only about 1/2 mile from the cabin luckily) around midnight after gutting a deer we had to track. We did leave the lights on without it running for about 10 min to gut it.

It would sometimes work without a jump and sometimes needed a jump, so I decided just to replace it.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Mine lasted 2 1/2 years. It left me and my daughter stranded in the woods, (only about 1/2 mile from the cabin luckily) around midnight after gutting a deer we had to track. We did leave the lights on without it running for about 10 min to gut it.

It would sometimes work without a jump and sometimes needed a jump, so I decided just to replace it.
So you didn't have a second battery & isolator at the time? 😆

Reactions: Biteme and ChadD
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Pioneer 1000 batteries are prefilled and charged on arrival.

No Honda SXS has ever come with a battery we had to prep during Set-Up
You don't top it off? It could have been sitting a while. I am surprised that not part of the PDI.

Reactions: Biteme and ChadD
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I just changed the battery in my 5 seater a month ago after 5.5 years. If it set for 2 weeks without riding, it would barely start the machine. My 3 seat is 4.5 years old but doesn't get rode as often as my 5 seat. 3 seater wouldn't start Saturday morning. Had to use a jump pack to start it so we could go hunt. I ordered a new battery that evening. $106 from ronayers.com.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A big part of the problem, at least through '21 and all the supply parts problems, is that a battery could and likely did sit on a shelf or installed in a new vehicle awaiting other parts. A lead acid battery in storage needs to be charged every 6 months under *ideal* conditions. Add some high temperatures to the mix and more often is needed to keep the battery above 70% charge and to avoid plate sulfation.

My '21 battery lasted a year, no doubt due to storage abuse while awaiting parts.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
In my experience, batteries last for many years if kept on a Battery Tender when not in use. Everything in my garage with a battery is plugged in to it's own BT when it's parked.

Battery Tenders are less expensive than new batteries.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I bought my 5 seater towards the end of 19' and cpl months after that installed the 2nd battery (mighty-max) they're both kind of at the end of their lifespan. Buggy still turns on but hesitates for a second or two when cranking. My voltage reads around 11.6 until it's running. Then it's around 14.......time for new ones 🙄

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I bought my 5 seater towards the end of 19' and cpl months after that installed the 2nd battery (mighty-max) they're both kind of at the end of their lifespan. Buggy still turns on but hesitates for a second or two when cranking. My voltage reads around 11.6 until it's running. Then it's around 14.......time for new ones 🙄
Make sure you give the new battery a full charge before you start using it.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Make sure you give the new battery a full charge before you start using it.
👍
I figured my buggy sat around somewhere a good 6 months or more, I picked it up and never thought twice about the battery. The mighty max battery, I mean it is what it is. Can't ask for more out of a $50/$60 dollar battery. I've gotten great use out of the set up so no complaints at all.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
👍
I figured my buggy sat around somewhere a good 6 months or more, I picked it up and never thought twice about the battery. The mighty max battery, I mean it is what it is. Can't ask for more out of a $50/$60 dollar battery. I've gotten great use out of the set up so no complaints at all.
There are only a couple different battery manufacturers that make for everybody.

So, the brand name really doesn't matter.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!