P1000 Need advice, not cranking after fuel pump removal

A

AmosMoses

Aug 12, 2017
Callahan, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, need some advice. I have a 2016 1000~5, I had to remove the fuel pump assembly due to getting water inside the tank. Cleaned the tank, put assembly back in, reconnected fuel line, vent, and power plug. Put clean ethanol free gas back in, verified fuel pump is working, and it still will not start, turns over great, just won’t start. I turned the key off and on several times allowing the pump to deliver fuel in an attempt to prime it, no luck. It is not getting fuel to the injectors. I cannot find any instructions online to prime it, I feel like it may have a vapor lock or air in the line preventing fuel from reaching the injectors. It was running fine prior to removal. I thought about removing the fuel line at the injectors and turn key off and on until fuel reaches it, but I think the entire air assembly would have to be removed.

Maybe someone who has a shop manual could check the procedures after fuel pump assembly installation and let me know if there is something I need to do. The manual will be my next purchase....

HELP!!!!!!!

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did you realize you had water in the tank? Is it possible you have water in your injectors?

A

AmosMoses

Aug 12, 2017
Callahan, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could see water and trash in the tank, not bad, but enough to warrant concern. I pumped the tank manually, but still could not get all of it. I removed the fuel pump assembly, cleaned it, cleaned the tank, and re-assembled. Attached a clear hose to the outlet and turned key on to verify pump was pumping plenty of fuel, I just feel like it is not making it to the injectors...

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IS The dash throwing any codes?

Turn key on, engine light will flash long pause is 10 count, short is 1 count,
Upload a video if you are not sure of the count.
4BC8370A DE1C 49EC 94E7 D5CDB84510D5

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you get the problem fixed?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You could disconnect the line at the injectors and push a couple quarts of fuel threw to see if it helps?

Capture16

Reactions: Kamakaze
A

AmosMoses

Aug 12, 2017
Callahan, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I pulled the fuel line at the fuel pump and injectors and blew it out with compressed air. Reconnected to fuel pump, but left it off at injectors, cranked and it was pumping fuel. Ended up taking it to the shop and they said it needed a new fuel pump, which they covered under warranty.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!