P700 Need Advise Fella's

G

GhostComanche

Dec 13, 2015
I have read several posts here on the removal of the rear sway bar on my 2016 P2 700. I really like the suspension action gains that all of you speak of. I hardly ever travel at speeds above 10 mph; This ride was purchased for hunting and work. On the sway bar removal/unhooking, will there be any issues with independent suspension on the rear and also will warranty issue's pop up? Thanks a million guys......................RR

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I can't speak to the warranty part of your question, but as far as removing the sway bay and its impact on the rear suspension, you will see more articulation and perhaps more body roll at higher speeds. I removed mine with in the first week and never had an issue of any kind.
I am expecting to get my new 1000 this weekend and may consider doing the same with it.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
No issues with the suspension, I've got about 2000 miles with it off and everything is fine. If you're not going above 10mph body roll won't really be an issue. Not sure about warranty, if you're worried just put the sway bar back on before you take your pioneer in to the dealer.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't imagine this causing anything to break or prematurely wear out. Forever arctic cat didn't run them on there atvs. Its rides better without it. It may affect the payload capacity without it I would think.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I can't imagine this causing anything to break or prematurely wear out. Forever arctic cat didn't run them on there atvs. Its rides better without it. It may affect the payload capacity without it I would think.

I removed mine as well when I had the 700. I wouldn't have ever put it back on if I kept the vehicle. However, with 500lbs in the bed it was a little unstable. I never worried about it because when I was hauling ~500lbs, I didn't drive to fast.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I left mine hooked up for a few months after I bought it then i disconnected it and removed the links tied it up out of the way and left it. I'll get around to removing it all together some day.

H

HondaTech

If something does arise thats covered by warranty, just make sure the bar is reinstalled before taking it back to your dealer and don't mention it. Somethings are obvious, like a new looking stock air filter on a 2000 mile unit. But I can't see how anyone could infer the bars been off in a warranty situation. Remember Honda always pays us more than you guys do, and we want their money not yours, so you've got something to spend on accessories and parts.

Reactions: Gator and joeymt33
H

HondaPower

Jul 28, 2014
Removed mine after one of the cast aluminium bars broke. I've rode it hard and taken corners pretty fast. Haven't had any issues.

Reactions: Tflynn
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I didn't remove mine and i probably never will because i use it to work and hunt. I carry a lot of weight and pull a loaded trailer often. Hardy ever trail ride.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!