P1000 need help wiring sound bar through rocker

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a hifonics Thor 10. I have it all wired up what I think is correct; so when I turn the rocker on the radio still does not come on untill I hit power on the sound bar. So is the only point if a rocker switch to be able to have music while the pioneer is off?

Reactions: Lady01
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have a hifonics Thor 10. I have it all wired up what I think is correct; so when I turn the rocker on the radio still does not come on untill I hit power on the sound bar. So is the only point if a rocker switch to be able to have music while the pioneer is off?

If there's a clock or other items on that soundbar it can cause a parasitic draw on the battery unless the rocker is off. That would be the main purpose for having a rocker wired in. Otherwise you could just connect to constant power and play the radio whether the machine's key was on or not.

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If there's a clock or other items on that soundbar it can cause a parasitic draw on the battery unless the rocker is off. That would be the main purpose for having a rocker wired in. Otherwise you could just connect to constant power and play the radio whether the machine's key was on or not.
okay, so no clock or lights so I dont believe there is anything that would be drawing power. So should I just hook it up so that it comes on when the key is on? Where do I hook the "ignition switch" wire too? thanks

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That's how I hooked mine up, power with key on only. You can tie the "remote" wire to your cig lighter hot wire or the accessory harness that plugs into it. I don't know P1k specifics or I could give you a color.

Reactions: Lady01 and brennen
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
They make an accessory harness that plugs into the cig lighter circuit on the P5. Gives you 4 hots and 2 grounds. I'd assume they make something similar for the P1. It's like $10 online or at the dealer.

Reactions: Lady01 and brennen
Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The power switches on some devices do not stay on after powered off. They need to be turned on every time power is applied. Not saying that's your issue just saying.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
looking at the wiring diagram

looks like your sound bar is designed to have constant +12V all the time (red/black wire) and then...

you use the rocker switch to turn on and off - this should be connected to the Thor orange wire - this is looking for another +12V that comes on when the ignition comes on

if ya need more help, let me know

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
looking at the wiring diagram

looks like your sound bar is designed to have constant +12V all the time (red/black wire) and then...

you use the rocker switch to turn on and off - this should be connected to the Thor orange wire - this is looking for another +12V that comes on when the ignition comes on

if ya need more help, let me know
Yeah this is how I have it wired up. Orange goes to my rocker switch. It’s not a big issue turning on rocker and sound bar power. Was just hoping I flip on rocker switch and I have tunes thereafter.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!