P1000 Need Help with Tires!

S

Story

Mar 9, 2016
Kentucky
A lot of smart people on hear so I thought I would ask.

My 1000 is pretty much a farm truck. I rip and run the roads a lot between farms and the front tires have wore down to nothing. I don't necessarily off road with it much for fun, just typical field work.

I've been looking at putting on some light truck tires or UTV tires more road adapt. Any suggestions? I have the 12 inch black standard rims now and the problem with adding truck tires is I will have to add new rims as well. Try to get by with what I have.

Thanks.

J

JTW

Seems like a lot of guys are doing that with general grabbers.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just get a good radial tire! Some truck tires can be heavy I think, but not 100% on that. Something to think about moving forward.

Reactions: JTW
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

My 1000 is pretty much a farm truck. I rip and run the roads a lot between farms and the front tires have wore down to nothing. I don't necessarily off road with it much for fun, just typical field work.

I've been looking at putting on some light truck tires or UTV tires more road adapt. Any suggestions? I have the 12 inch black standard rims now and the problem with adding truck tires is I will have to add new rims as well. Try to get by with what I have.

Thanks.
I put STI black diamonds X T R on my Pioneer they work really well and I did a front end alignment.

Reactions: Story and JTW
S

Story

Mar 9, 2016
Kentucky
Just get a good radial tire! Some truck tires can be heavy I think, but not 100% on that. Something to think about moving forward.

Thanks. I was worried about performance. Not that I run it wide open but it still needs to have some power!

S

SKR986

Dec 21, 2016
St louis
Ownership

1. 700-4

Thanks.
I don't know much about the tires but if you go bigger I have gathered through this forum that it does affect the transmission so be careful

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Thanks.

Try those new 10- ply tires. Let me run me them.....

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It the gbc kanati mongrel

Reactions: scottf

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!