P1000 I4wd stuck axle help! Help! Help!

M

Mullet Hunter

Jun 20, 2021
Pensacola Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2017 1000/3 need help! Hit a stump front passenger axle popped out and torn the frame tab. Front diff fluid ran out of axle hosing. I lined up the front end welded the torn part up, added gussets to strengthen. Slid the axle back in and buttoned it back up. That’s when I noticed the axle wasn’t seating up all the way. After hours of frustration I come to the forum wizards asking for help. At this point I have managed to get the axle stuck on the differential side and it will not come loose. How do I get the axle out of the differential. After yanking on the axle has separated. Being the genius that I am and not knowing any better I cut t,he boot off both ends and now the ring end of the axle will not come out. I ordered new Rhino 2.0 axles for it nut I need help in getting the old axle end from the differential. Please help! Also is there anything else I will need to get things back together other than the axles. This is driving me nuts and I really need my machine. I do not ride mud,water , or bog it out at all. I use my machine to operate my small farm and really need help getting this thing back together. Thanks!

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2017 1000/3 need help! Hit a stump front passenger axle popped out and torn the frame tab. Front diff fluid ran out of axle hosing. I lined up the front end welded the torn part up, added gussets to strengthen. Slid the axle back in and buttoned it back up. That’s when I noticed the axle wasn’t seating up all the way. After hours of frustration I come to the forum wizards asking for help. At this point I have managed to get the axle stuck on the differential side and it will not come loose. How do I get the axle out of the differential. After yanking on the axle has separated. Being the genius that I am and not knowing any better I cut t,he boot off both ends and now the ring end of the axle will not come out. I ordered new Rhino 2.0 axles for it nut I need help in getting the old axle end from the differential. Please help! Also is there anything else I will need to get things back together other than the axles. This is driving me nuts and I really need my machine. I do not ride mud,water , or bog it out at all. I use my machine to operate my small farm and really need help getting this thing back together. Thanks!
Try using a slide hammer clamped to the drive cup.

Reactions: CID
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, superATV makes a slide hammer pull designed for this. It's about $150 or you can look at the design and fab one up yourself.

That being said, I've always been able to pop them with a long crowbar in between the diff and CV.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If all else fails, take the other axle out and use a punch or something to knock out the stuck axle.

Reactions: 906UP
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Some automotive stores rent tools, maybe you can rent a slide hammer.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Secure the machine to a vehicle and use a come a long or chain hoist and yank it out

Not sure why u would buy Chinese axles that are not as good as Honda OEM axles - must be cheaper

Reactions: ODAMO and Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!