P1000 I can't take 1 more damn flat! Help please!

Bobrhino

Bobrhino

Sep 19, 2018
Arizona & Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What psi do you have them at? Got done mounting mine on the Tusks tonight. Going to leave them at 18 overnight and check in the morning that they're still there. I'll bring them down tomorrow after getting them on the machine.
My P1000-5 has 8 ply Tusk 28” Terrabites and Tusk beadlocks, usually set at 12# f & 15# r and carry identical spare with tools and lots of gear, riding NV & AZ desert + Utah & CO mountains. If we expect a day of extreme rocks I’ll bump up the psi a bit. 3rd year now, about 3k miles with only 1 slow leak from cactus (barrel?) thorn In between tread knobs. Rotate all 5 periodically, minimal wear, not much tread rock damage, ordinarily don’t drive like I would in a sport machine. Have riding buddies with razors and talon. I check air pressure before I ride, tires typically hold psi for a month or more, depending on ambient temperature naturally. Keep this utv in heated/cooled garage.

My P1000-3 has Raceline beadlocks and 29” GBC 10ply Terra Masters, filled with nitrogen, 1+ years old, kept in hot-as-hell or cold garage in SW desert. Don’t have many miles on them, unfortunately. Amazingly the PSI seems to always be stable. So far I’d say I like Terrabites best for my riding condition.

I do recommend to superclean the wheel and tire beads before install. I use quality tire lube commonly used on my dirt bikes. I meticulously torque the beadlock bolts using a homemade cardboard torque pattern wheel I set into each wheel, tightening only a few pounds at a time to maximum recommendation. Anal? Maybe. It does work for me.

Oh, I envy all you folks that have accumulated many thousands of miles on your machines!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!