P1000 Need help deciding

Heisenbeans

Heisenbeans

May 11, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pioneer 1000-5
Looking to upgrade my stock tires. I've replaced 2 from tearing sidewalls. The stock tires are just junk.
I wanna put 31 outlaws on it to get through the heavy mud trails I was thinking maybe 28s with a 3 inch lift but would rather stick with the stock wheels.
If I was to go to 31s what all would I need to do to pull it off? Any suggestions

Reactions: Lady01
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pioneer 1000-5
Looking to upgrade my stock tires. I've replaced 2 from tearing sidewalls. The stock tires are just junk.
I wanna put 31 outlaws on it to get through the heavy mud trails I was thinking maybe 28s with a 3 inch lift but would rather stick with the stock wheels.
If I was to go to 31s what all would I need to do to pull it off? Any suggestions
Forward arms, lift, portals... Possibly internal gear reduction also.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Be careful going with such large tires. I know everyones riding conditions are different and each requires a different setup. Here in Colorado, my buddy put 29” on his PK5 and hates them. He lost so much power. Both from the larger tires and our high altitude. Manufacturers put those cheap 4 ply tires on because they are cheap and weigh less so they get better performance numbers to use in their brochures. You’re right, they are junk.
Larger tires are the number 1 killer of power. Just be prepared to make a bunch of expensive mods like William mentioned above.
Also, look very carefully with what tire you buy. We have sharp rocks that cut sidewalls so we have to go with 8 or 10 ply tires. Theres alot of 6ply tires out there but they are useless to us riding these rough trails. Also look at tread depth. Treads with at least 1” make a huge difference to those with only 3/4” tread.
I’m currently running 28x10x14 Sedona Ripsaws. They are about perfect for my riding conditions. 8 ply and 1 1/8” tread depths.

Last edited:
Heisenbeans

Heisenbeans

May 11, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I may just put a 3 inch lift and put 28 outlaw 2s on it and call it a day. I would need portals for sure to go to a bigger tire.

Reactions: Lady01
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just seeing if you went with the 28's? Pictures?
That guy hasnt been on here in over 6 months Lol.
There are plenty if pics if 28’s on here if u want to see. just Search 28’s.

also, Pics Or It Didnt Happen for you first Brfore u ask for pics lol.

heres my old set up with 28’s. no lift need for 28’s
0FC31DF8 8BB6 427B A309 1E76AE44AA33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!