New 1000-5 roaming the terrain of AZ!

DmaxHunter

DmaxHunter

Oct 7, 2016
Northern AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Greetings from Northern AZ!

Recently purchased a new Pioneer 1000-5 and I am loving it!!! I have only used it for 2 elk hunts so far, logging nearly 700 miles on it, in some of the roughest country in the West and this machine is a total beast!! I can't believe everything it has handled and with total ease! Honda sure did make the greatest SxS out there!! My bro-in-law keeps comparing it to a ranger and can't say enough good about it and how it beats it in every comparison. Only thing I don't like so far is the stock tires, they're completely shot already. But I've already got some new 27" GBC Kanati Mongrel 10-ply here I just need to get mounted to fix that problem.

Anyways, I've been browsing this forum a good bit already and love all that I've seen so far, so I figured I'd join the club! Guess I'll see you all around the forum. Cheers!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Welcome @DmaxHunter! I'd love to see some pictures from your elk hunts if you have any! Oh ya...picture of your ride or it never happened. It's not me it the rest of these guyso_O

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome aboard...and yup..we gots to have pics ;)

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Nashville

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome. I normally tell people how they will be impressed with their new ride, but I see you're already impressed lol.

Reactions: drfubar
DmaxHunter

DmaxHunter

Oct 7, 2016
Northern AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Finally got some pics to hopefully show up here...first a scouting trip, then the perfect fit loaded into my toy hauler (it's like the two were meant to be for each other ), then the pack out of my elk to the truck (4 guys, a ton of gear, and a bull elk all handled flawlessly by the P1K), and finally a shot of me with the bull. Enjoy.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Finally got some pics to hopefully show up here...first a scouting trip, then the perfect fit loaded into my toy hauler (it's like the two were meant to be for each other ), then the pack out of my elk to the truck (4 guys, a ton of gear, and a bull elk all handled flawlessly by the P1K), and finally a shot of me with the bull. Enjoy.

View attachment 23821 View attachment 23822 View attachment 23823 View attachment 23824
I don't know elk (not really a hunter) but that thing looks huge. Not surprised at all that the machine handled it. Probably didn't even break a sweat lol. Nice pics.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

View attachment 23821 View attachment 23822 View attachment 23823 View attachment 23824
Nice catch! Welcome to the forum!

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Very nice and congratulations... I got to Elk Hunt in Colorado a few years back.. A once in a lifetime hunt.. Didn't score but it's something I'll never forget.. The views of the mountains was spectacular... thanks for sharing

Reactions: JTW and Eltobgi
advertisement
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been lurking around here for a bit as well and will be picking up my P1000-5 next Wednesday. Great forum and a lot of information to be had.

Love AZ and have spent a lot of time there...

Welcome aboard from a newbie...

D

Dgardner

Oct 13, 2016
Phoenix Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see you have a 100-5 under a toy hauler bed. How did you get the room? Mine measures about 80" with the roof and that's 2 to 4 inches too high for every trailer I have looked at.
I am also in AZ. Great pic!

DmaxHunter

DmaxHunter

Oct 7, 2016
Northern AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks a lot guys.

I see you have a 100-5 under a toy hauler bed. How did you get the room? Mine measures about 80" with the roof and that's 2 to 4 inches too high for every trailer I have looked at.
I am also in AZ. Great pic!

I haven't measured mine with the roof yet but I know my toy hauler is 78" for the limiting height. I have probably a 1-2" gap between my roof and the bottom bunk on the hauler. Let me see if I can get some measurements. It might have something to do with the hauler being ramped at the last foot and half, allowing it to crest and then keeping the rear wheels lower to prevent it from hitting. But I might actually drive it far enough forward so the rear wheels are even on level floor too, not the ramped part.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!