P1000 new 2020 P1K5 at the dealer already...

D

debo4x4

May 8, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, all was great for the first 100 miles but hit 120 miles recently and began having hard starting issues, then came rough idle and now stalling with minor throttle pressure. no codes on startup but do get code 23 after a stall. So at dealer now for 2-3 week wait. guessing O2 or fuel injector issue. checked the injectors for broken wires and they were fine. not been submerged in water either. Hate to have a brand new unit already in the shop, was hoping going to Honda from Polaris I was going to avoid this!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That doesn't sound good. Have you done the 1st oil change yet?

Reactions: Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, all was great for the first 100 miles but hit 120 miles recently and began having hard starting issues, then came rough idle and now stalling with minor throttle pressure. no codes on startup but do get code 23 after a stall. So at dealer now for 2-3 week wait. guessing O2 or fuel injector issue. checked the injectors for broken wires and they were fine. not been submerged in water either. Hate to have a brand new unit already in the shop, was hoping going to Honda from Polaris I was going to avoid this!
Unfortunately it does happen. If you have a good dealer, they will get it sorted out.

• Sad
Reactions: EMAW and Smitty335
D

debo4x4

May 8, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That doesn't sound good. Have you done the 1st oil change yet?
yes did 1st oil change with both filters at 100 miles. no issues there. just hope it's a one-off problem and they can easily fix. been a polaris guy for a long time and was tired of chasing electrical gremlins but here I am again. worst time of the year to not have my machine too!

• Sad
Reactions: EMAW and Smitty335
D

debo4x4

May 8, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, after 2 weeks of troubleshooting at the dealer I finally got a call stating they have resolved my issue. PCM ground was loose. Ground bolt was tight to engine but wire was still loose so they re-threaded and replaced the bolt, now tight. Not something I checked so can't say this wasn't the case but I am a little hesitant to accept that was the issue. I do know loose grounds can cause all sorts of intermittent electrical issues and as sensitive these units are to that I can see that as a potential cause but I guess only time will tell now. Also had the steering recall done so at least I got that out of the way. Hope this not one of many trips to dealer chasing electrical gremlins.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!